Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-13-2022, 06:22 AM   #241
Milo
Doh!

wonderfull

My god, I just saw an unboxing! All my fears are gone, she is just beautiful! <3 <3 <3
I fall in love again! I have no words really, congratulations Prime 1!
video links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYAjOr_4AI4

screenshot :

Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:44 AM   #242
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Absolutely beautiful piece, looks stunning
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:23 AM   #243
Augen
Metal Men

Thanks for sharing pictures, every one looks good!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #244
Markhatestoys
Justice League

The portraits look great to me, but I have old man eyes. I'm the guy who didn't understand what all the She-Hulk CGI controversy was about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo View Post
Thanks for your review ! I'll wait for some nice pics then x) every day, I check if someone posts pictures
But one question: are the HS closer to the original prototype photos, or do they look like the heads of the Great Hera, please? (my comparison photos on page 22^^) Is the closed mouth tiara successful?

Glad you're happy with your purchase! At least you didn't have to wait these 2 years of pre-order
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:54 PM   #245
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm only a casual Wonder Woman Fan but I'm impressed with this statue. For me, its the best Wonder Woman piece and I'm really considering this.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:23 PM   #246
SDguy

Those portraits look great.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:24 PM   #247
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The more I look at this, the more I'm tempted. Only thing holding me back is that price (but the quality is there and she has many cool switch-outs)

I also loved Wonder Woman in the Injustice Movie. She was bad ass and I completely agreed with her when she scolded Batman for preaching his morals when Superman lost his wife and kid.

I can't decide between the Limited or Great Hera Version

I think Limited is a great balance. It meshed modern, traditional, video game elements all into one.

But that Great Hera Version looks so bad ass looking. I love the paint on her armor, I appreciate her muscle tones more, and the pants work with this version. Only problem is that you can't really tell that's Wonder Woman
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 06:38 PM   #248
Sjb
Justice League

Ok, so I ordered the skirt version of this Wonder Woman expecting I would replace my Sideshow Wonder Woman (newest comic version with lasso). It arrived last week, and surprisingly I’m a bit torn between the two statues. I think I might like the Sideshow better. It definitely has more muscle definition. My guess is that because the primary version of the Prime 1 statue has pants, not much effort was put into the sculpt to show muscle definition in her legs. Anyway, I will give it some time before deciding, but I may be keeping Sideshow WW and selling Prime 1 WW (as a discipline, I try to keep just one statue of each character, other that Batman).
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:15 PM   #249
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
Ok, so I ordered the skirt version of this Wonder Woman expecting I would replace my Sideshow Wonder Woman (newest comic version with lasso). It arrived last week, and surprisingly I?m a bit torn between the two statues. I think I might like the Sideshow better. It definitely has more muscle definition. My guess is that because the primary version of the Prime 1 statue has pants, not much effort was put into the sculpt to show muscle definition in her legs. Anyway, I will give it some time before deciding, but I may be keeping Sideshow WW and selling Prime 1 WW (as a discipline, I try to keep just one statue of each character, other that Batman).
They are both great pieces and I would try to keep both somehow if I was in your shoes. But if you can only keep one, I agree... I prefer the SSC one for similar reasons.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #250
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
They are both great pieces and I would try to keep both somehow if I was in your shoes. But if you can only keep one, I agree... I prefer the SSC one for similar reasons.
It's strange, how aesthetic considerations vary so much between different people. I honestly think the portrait on the latest Sideshow comic Wonder Woman is extremely homely. (So is the portrait on their latest Elektra, by the same sculptor.) But, different strokes for different folks...
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote