Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #31
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

I liked TFA a lot but just have no desire to own any pieces from the film. I can't really explain it but seeing statues from the film just don't get me excited. It's a different story with OT pieces though.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #32
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I liked TFA a lot but just have no desire to own any pieces from the film. I can't really explain it but seeing statues from the film just don't get me excited. It's a different story with OT pieces though.
Took the words right out of my mouth. TFA was ok to me but so far I just don't have the attachment to any of the characters.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:12 PM   #33
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Its a shame they are selling them together and not separately as BB8 was the only Star Wars piece I was interested in buying and I am definitely not buying Rey to get him. Oh well, you win some and you lose some. So it goes with collecting.
It seems that BB8 goes with Rey as much as R2 goes with 3PO. At least that's how I see it.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #34
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This piece obviously lives or dies with the portrait. Hope they nail it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #35
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
I respect that but I've fortunately never felt this way at all. TFA was a great film and as a fan of the OT it has been great to be a part of the revival. My daughter will grow up around this amazing franchise and Rey will be an iconic characterization of what the franchise will mean to her.

I think I feel about the prequels as you do about TFA so to a degree I can relate.

This Rey at the start of her journey. Young and impressionable. Lost and overwhelmed. Wishing to look forward but stuck in her past. I think this piece looks very good and captures this. I'm confident another piece will come along in time where she becomes like every other character...jumping through the air with a lightsaber, blaster at his waist, full of the force, yadda yadda. This piece is calm. Introspective. She is bracing herself from the unknown.

Well done on capturing the Rey we know.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #36
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth. TFA was ok to me but so far I just don't have the attachment to any of the characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I respect that but I've fortunately never felt this way at all. TFA was a great film and as a fan of the OT it has been great to be a part of the revival. My daughter will grow up around this amazing franchise and Rey will be an iconic characterization of what the franchise will mean to her.

I think I feel about the prequels as you do about TFA so to a degree I can relate.

This Rey at the start of her journey. Young and impressionable. Lost and overwhelmed. Wishing to look forward but stuck in her past. I think this piece looks very good and captures this. I'm confident another piece will come along in time where she becomes like every other character...jumping through the air with a lightsaber, blaster at his waist, full of the force, yadda yadda. This piece is calm. Introspective. She is bracing herself from the unknown.

Well done on capturing the Rey we know.
I'm with you Nice Guy. I loved TFA. It was a much needed shot in the arm that Star Wars needed after limping through the dismal prequels.

I love Rey. She's my new favorite character and if she lives up to her potential I'll want every Rey PF they make. Day one PO for me.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #37
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I'm with you Nice Guy. I loved TFA. It was a much needed shot in the arm that Star Wars needed after limping through the dismal prequels.

I love Rey. She's my new favorite character and if she lives up to her potential I'll want every Rey PF they make. Day one PO for me.
Me too and to be honest I'm always about villains and badassery. Her unassuming presence and humble beginnings really make me root for this character. I Also like the fact that as an actress she was picked out of obscurity.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #38
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Me too and to be honest I'm always about villains and badassery. Her unassuming presence and humble beginnings really make me root for this character. I Also like the fact that as an actress she was picked out of obscurity.
JJ has a knack for finding unknown talent. He got Chris Hemsworth to play Kirk's Dad before he was Thor.

But yea I'm all about her. Must own for me. Very excited to see the final product.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #39
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federico View Post
I guess that would be the next pf with ep8 outfit.
See, but she had a full on duel in her Ep7 costume with the saber, so there shouldn't be any reason to think she can only have it with that final (assumed Ep8) costume.

I'd hate not to ever have a Pf of her desert look with a saber in hand. This PF could easily supply it if they just added a swap out arm (left or right) with one, imo.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:24 AM   #40
federico
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
See, but she had a full on duel in her Ep7 costume with the saber, so there shouldn't be any reason to think she can only have it with that final (assumed Ep8) costume.

I'd hate not to ever have a Pf of her desert look with a saber in hand. This PF could easily supply it if they just added a swap out arm (left or right) with one, imo.
She only ignited the saber in the same outfit in the snow planet so if she takes the saber the base should have been changed as well, impossible to include 2 bases in one statue.
federico is offline   Reply With Quote