Statue Forum 

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

» Spotlight
DGK Albatross Japan Shin Godzilla DGK Megahouse Kamen Rider DGK Damtoys Carnotarus Bust Current Interview:

Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #1251
desertdragon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I was finally able to get Batman into the studio, and I have to say this piece is unexpectedly one of my favorites from TH - I think you can see from the group shot how brilliantly this line has been sculpted to go together... Definitely happy with how he turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tweeterhead batman 1 sm.jpg (1.58 MB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg tweeterhead batman 2 sm.jpg (1.07 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg tweeterhead batman 3 sm.jpg (1.08 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg tweeterhead batman 4 sm.jpg (1.08 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg tweeterhead batman 5 sm.jpg (1.57 MB, 30 views)
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #1252
senseimaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
As a person who has PO'd every Super Powers that has been released so far I feel a bit deceived on this one. I buy from TH to support them directly and to get the Exclusive version of the statue. Other then the Superman run I have gotten nothing but great products from them. Even the Superman is good enough I still have it displayed.

Knowing in advance of this retailer version would not have kept me from buying this amazing Batman by any means. But it does make me question if buying direct from TH is worth it if there is another means of getting the same version.

If my "Exclusive" statue of X/250 has another "Retailer Exclusive" run of X/150, which by the way is more exclusive than the 250 version. I know they are exactly the same but a 150 run is more Exclusive than 250 no matter how you look at it. Why wouldn't I just buy the MORE Exclusive Retailer version when Spec Fiction has cheaper, as in free, shipping costs and would completely offset the $15 certificate.

In the case of Starfire I can currently PO it from SpecFiction for a $25 deposit and then $240 later which includes shipping for a total of $265. Compare that to TH where I paid $100 deposit, I still owe $174.99 plus shipping of $21.22. For a total of $296.21.

Buying from SpecFiction would currently save me $31.21...even with the $15 coupon taken into account I would be still saving $16.21 and might even get a MORE Exclusive lower number run of a statue.

If I had gotten onto SpecFiction earlier on when it was first available for PO and paid in full it would have been $235 and free shipping....Another $30 in savings for a total of $61.21 in savings, with the $15 certificate taken into account a total of $46.21.

If it will be possible for me to save in the area of $50 per statue. I will be asking SpecFiction on all new "TH Exclusives" if they will be carrying the same EX as TH as "SPE Exclusives" from now on before committing to buying direct from TH.

If you take into account the cost per statue you would be getting 6 statues from SpecFiction for the price of 5 from TH.
OMG! Iím right there with you.

I get shut down by people for caring I got a higher 234 number on the ES of 250 from TH in spite ordering on Day 1 and now I find out people who ordered much later from Spec Fiction will have an ES of 125 with everything else exactly the same just makes me shake my head.

Very shady. :/
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #1253
Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'm surprised there isn't more of an uproar, to be honest.
1) Not a ton of people know about it.

2) Of those that do, some portion (such as myself) are indeed pissed. But every time people try to raise concerns about how this company operates, we get cheerleaders coming in to dismiss our concerns. At some point, it becomes futile.

I donít want them to fail, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Mammal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:00 AM   #1254
senseimaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Howdy. Don't know if the explanation will totally explain it. So Tweeterhead had it's online exclusive with an ES of 250 and comes with the batarang and (the $15 reward when that gets sorted out). There were three retailers (online and brick and mortar) that TH works with that sell a lot of their products and he wanted to do something special for them. The retailer ex is limited to 125 and comes with the batarang and different backstamp (.../125). It doesn't have the $15 reward. That is as clear as I can make it. Don't think it was a deliberate act of deception.

For me it wouldn't have made a difference. I would have bought from Tweeterhead direct regardless, and we have all been looking for the days when they get enough recognition that they will continue to bring us great products. This was probably the case with Batsy. I think it's a great outreach marketing tool, but I understand in this day with collectors concerned about the limited ES's, why collectors would be miffed. I can safely say this in not numbered in thousands, and we have a beautifully realized classic Batman statue that is so perfect that the only complaints were that people weren't getting their's soon enough.
TBH, hearing about this just ruined my day. Here I was made to feel foolish for caring that I got a high ES number in spite ordering on Day 1 only to learn that I couldíve ordered elsewhere and received a much smaller ES number. I hope Chad realizes that this is might be a deal breaker for some folks like me. I have quite a few preorders with them moving forward but full disclosure, I just ordered Cheetah EX from a 3rd party distributor after getting my high ES Batman.
Old Today, 12:10 AM   #1255
senseimaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
One is TH EX one is store EX why you canít get this thru your head? Since when is it TH job b to tell anyone that some store is selling their own EX?
The more I think about this, the more I get upset. Didnít Chad make such a big deal of keeping the EX no larger than 250 to keep us loyal TH customers happy?

Thereís no denying that this under the table move to produce 125 more EXís will make a lot of customers including myself lose faith in them.
Old Today, 05:19 AM   #1256
TDB
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
I was finally able to get Batman into the studio, and I have to say this piece is unexpectedly one of my favorites from TH - I think you can see from the group shot how brilliantly this line has been sculpted to go together... Definitely happy with how he turned out.
Wow, those are the best photos I've seen!
Do you own superman? Would love to see the trinity from your hand!

(Can I fine you on social media or something? Don't have any tweeterhead on PO for now, so wont be visiting here that often)
TDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:37 AM   #1257
Sonic Boom
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
OMG! I’m right there with you.

I get shut down by people for caring I got a higher 234 number on the ES of 250 from TH in spite ordering on Day 1 and now I find out people who ordered much later from Spec Fiction will have an ES of 125 with everything else exactly the same just makes me shake my head.

Very shady. :/
TH screwed up with the secret stash of Batman, so that's a legitimate complaint. It's a scandal lol. But to be fair, a low #5 is no more special than #234. Not sure why people think this. It's the same thinking in other hobbies with limited runs.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote