Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #41
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Poor example maybe, but I think my point still stands. By the way, I don't have any issues, personally, when someone points out glaring obvious mistakes, or significant quality / design issues - it's the 0.5mm "Squad" that make me cringe.

Looking at the comments here, people are acting like P1 have sculpted a limp dangling "manhood" between her legs, when in fact, they're talking about the fact that the dividing line between the shaved hair and unshaven hair is too far to the right - by what must be millimetres - sorry, but that's pathetic.
MM can matter a lot when it comes to a head, but I don't really know the character so I can't comment too much. If she's mean to look like a human female it should be moved as it does look off imo.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #42
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
If she's mean to look like a human female it should be moved as it does look off imo.
Seriously!?......What exactly is the correlation between looking like a human female and a shaved head? Surely the only prerequisite to being able to shave your head is having hair, species be damned

Ok, I'm done with this.

I can fully understand why Prime1 doesn't come on here to seek constructive criticism.

Hopefully P1 will forge ahead doing what it does best, and you guys up there in the peanut gallery can save a few dollars as you wait for that perfect statue to appear.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:31 PM   #43
actionjackson83
Midnighter

why are you taking this criticism so much to heart is what I'm interested in... If they were going for the skrillex hairstyle which is what her original design appears to have, her swooping hair should take up more of her head, now it looks like 3/4 of her hair is shaved bald, they might as well have gone all the way.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:37 PM   #44
Augen
Metal Men

People have preferences and criticisms and differences are allowed. I've had a dozen statues people have been really rough on and I still love them because they appeal to me.

I may be one of the few people excited for this piece (hence I started this thread) seeing a company take a shot on new relatively unknown character.

I don't blame people spending $1000+ wanting to be sure they love a piece before buying. The Sideshow Emma Frost had an eye off by millimeters and if that affects ones enjoyment I understand them passing on it.

I hope we keep praise and issues on statues and avoid personal attacks against fellow collectors.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #45
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Seriously!?......What exactly is the correlation between looking like a human female and a shaved head? Surely the only prerequisite to being able to shave your head is having hair, species be damned

Ok, I'm done with this.

I can fully understand why Prime1 doesn't come on here to seek constructive criticism.

Hopefully P1 will forge ahead doing what it does best, and you guys up there in the peanut gallery can save a few dollars as you wait for that perfect statue to appear.
She didn't just shave her head though, she shaved "half" her had where the part is, and this is too far off the side from where someone's hair would be parted. While the part isn't necessarily straight middle it's too far off the side.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #46
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Without knowing this character existed, I can say that the hair part is too far off compared to her appearance in the comic posted a few pages ago.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #47
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I don't know much about this character nor her look, but she needs to fire that stylist because her hair looks WAY OFF! She's gonna be sporting a neck brace when she hits her 40's (or 40,000's). I know she's ugly but for real that shtit looks like she split a wig and glued it to her head in the dark. Somebody get her a mirror quick!!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #48
Brandon
The X-Men

If you feel so strongly about her hair, I'm sure if you can get enough people to side with you on their FB page, they'll fix it. It's a small and easy fix.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #49
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The statue is fine but the character? Really, Grail? I never even heard of her. Frankly, I can't see an edition size larger than 250 for this. I mean, is anyone ordering her?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:41 PM   #50
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
The statue is fine but the character? Really, Grail? I never even heard of her. Frankly, I can't see an edition size larger than 250 for this. I mean, is anyone ordering her?
I might (I am debating it) as Darkseid War was a big event for me and how I discovered Fabok (his Wonder Woman is sublime).

Grail has been in Wonder Woman comics. I think it is important that newer characters get a shot to see if there is a demand. I'm glad Prime 1 is taking a chance and hope it leads to other lesser known characters getting a statue someday.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote