Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #91
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylaya79 View Post
any online sellers that you would recommend that are not overpriced? i looked at the bay and most are coming out from Hong Kong, a little hesitant about that. if it's japan, shipping's like 45-60 bucks. Very hard to spend $150 total for a 1/7 scale PVC piece. thanks.
Glenn
I like Hobby Search (1999), Amiami, and HLJ. You do have to be careful about bootlegs although for the newer ones, not so much.

I've never had any of mine bend on me and I've still got some from the original run AGES ago.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #92
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
I like Hobby Search (1999), Amiami, and HLJ. You do have to be careful about bootlegs although for the newer ones, not so much.

I've never had any of mine bend on me and I've still got some from the original run AGES ago.
thanks good doctor

some of the bay sellers are pretty bold, even saying that it's not the original. I'll definitely try those sites, and go from there. thanks for the recommendation.

BTW, just finished the last 4 chapters of One Piece, and it's going way too slow. i'm really hoping it will pick-up, but i don't think anything will top the whitebeard storyline. that was beyond amazing.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:56 AM   #93
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

just did a search. makes it hard to start this series if it's all sold out.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #94
pl212
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
If your looking for the Shichibukai (which I think you are) I found them for you and they are all in stock
http://www.imageanime.com/onepidxoushf.html
pl212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #95
dr_teng

Quote:
The Portrait of Pirates stuff ALWAYS sells out. As in, if you don't preorder them within an hour of them going up, you're out of luck. The only time you'll see them available is when they do the occasional reprint and even those sell out in a few weeks.

Although sometimes there is the occasional character that simply won't sell well. Jinbei is one example but a lot of that is due to how damn expensive he is to ship anywhere.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #96
pl212

Quote:
The Portrait of Pirates stuff ALWAYS sells out. As in, if you don't preorder them within an hour of them going up, you're out of luck. The only time you'll see them available is when they do the occasional reprint and even those sell out in a few weeks.

Although sometimes there is the occasional character that simply won't sell well. Jinbei is one example but a lot of that is due to how damn expensive he is to ship anywhere.
Tell me about it lol Ive been trying to buy a damn Robin and Nami Strong World POP for a while now and no luck :/
Old 02-13-2011, 02:25 AM   #97
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl212 View Post
If your looking for the Shichibukai (which I think you are) I found them for you and they are all in stock
http://www.imageanime.com/onepidxoushf.html
thanks pl212. i actually googled my way to this site and saw the banpresto, then i saw the megahouse statues and wanted those instead. not sure if i can justify $100+ for PVC's. only good thing is the store is in NY, and i'm planning to take a trip there soon, so i might pick all of them up then.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #98
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

Quote:

i do love the POP pieces more just because of the multiple poses. Marco looks like a solid piece.

what's with the strong world releases? i'm partial to the originals. did megahouse have an earlier line of figures?
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #99
dr_teng

Yep, they released the original crew ages ago and re-released most of them as Neo-DX releases, which usually had a few improvements.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Portrait_of_Pirates < You can find the details there.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #100
pl212

Quote:
thanks pl212. i actually googled my way to this site and saw the banpresto, then i saw the megahouse statues and wanted those instead. not sure if i can justify $100+ for PVC's. only good thing is the store is in NY, and i'm planning to take a trip there soon, so i might pick all of them up then.
No problem, wish you luck on your trip, hope you find everything your looking for