Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-13-2017, 03:54 AM   #101
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I agree that it's uninspired. This I believe is more of a reaction to his customers than anything else. How many complaints did they get about footprint size of statues like the Huntress and the Barbarian or Conal: The Sacrifice. A lot of people want to talk about the details in the base, but when you get down to where the rubber meets the road the majority of collectors want a small base that will fit neatly into their Vespa case.

Final analysis, it's the collector that is uninspired and that has been passed on to the sculptor.

LOL, yes of course its the collectors fault, always!

also her right boob looks anatomically wrong, goes to far right to her ribs, is that also the collectors fault?
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:17 AM   #102
vitreolum
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

That should make a nice slogan for ARH: It's the collector's fault! It's no coincidence whatsoever they're making these tiny bases now that they're in trouble. But I hope they stop with these rushed statues (honestly I don't see these as the solution) and manage to get over this situation (which is obviously the collector's fault). I loved pretty much every statue from the last 2 waves, but what they're doing now is just meh... and it's a noticeable decrease in quality both in sculpt and paint. Looking forward 2 some Cleo/Hades pics, but I have a hard time being too optimistic.
vitreolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:54 AM   #103
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
Arahom believes the best looking breasts have nipples that point up at 45+ degrees. I could never convince him otherwise..
If I were an artist, I would definitely create pieces according to my personnal tastes.
If I were a statue company owner, I would definitely produce pieces according to my customers' tastes.

I guess that for an artist / statue company owner, there's a dilemma that needs to be resolved.
But I'm sure that I wouldn't neglect point #2...
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:56 AM   #104
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitreolum View Post
That should make a nice slogan for ARH: It's the collector's fault!
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #105
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post

also her right boob looks anatomically wrong, goes to far right to her ribs, is that also the collectors fault?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:49 AM   #106
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post

Now her breast is off... really? No, that's not the collectors fault, that's just you reaching for stuff.

Her breasts are fine, her nipples are fine, her base is underwhelming, but also fine.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:10 AM   #107
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Now her breast is off... really? No, that's not the collectors fault, that's just you reaching for stuff.
Her breasts are fine, her nipples are fine, her base is underwhelming, but also fine.
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #108
vitreolum
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

"Fine" is not what you should get for (or expect from) a $500 statue. It's $50 less than the sideshow sonja ffs... or the same cost if you want a different hair color. )
vitreolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #109
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitreolum View Post
"Fine" is not what you should get for (or expect from) a $500 statue. It's $50 less than the sideshow sonja ffs... or the same cost if you want a different hair color. )

Hey, Please STOP that, the 13thWarlock said is fine, so please go and buy without saying anything negative about this statue. If you dont like her, please go away, or just dont voice your opinion. We are not in a forum here, how in Gods name you cannot praise this statue?

On a more serious note, well said!
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #110
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

OMFG this lame statue with the north pointing nipples is almost the price of Sideshow Red Sonja?

Minus the nudity, it looks like one of those cheap statuettes you would find on the shelf of one of those rural gas station-gift shop combo stores.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote