Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Fox's Gotham TV series is going to be Batman: The High School Years
Enjoy Batman's Teen Years. This concept art is from a previous project, which I won't be surprised if becomes the inspiration for the show.

Right after the casting announcement of Michael Douglas for Ant-Man I came across the following tweet. Sums up the gravitas Marvel takes with their various properties versus DC's safe and mundane approach.

interesting.
Maybe this is all speculation and it will indeed be inspired by the Gotham Central comics.
so is this going to be an animated series then? and i just wan to know one thing. is the chick with the bat shirt on Barbra Gordon? or Katherine Kane? i would think it would be Katherine seems how Barbra would be a baby if Bruce as a teenager.
looks to be a neat cartoon for the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I can say right now if it's all teeny boppy smallville crap, I won't care for it.

Chris
well did you read the article? becasue thats exactly what it is.

"Apparently, the plan is exactly like Smallville, in that the show will show how each character, good and bad, become the hero or villain we all know today,"
but my impression is its going to be an animated series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
I miss the old Flash show.
yeah the live action series was cool. i liked it too and thought they ended it tool soon.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I miss the old Flash show.
Sigh...
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #23
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Comparing a movie to a TV series is like comparing apples and oranges, they might be both fruits but they are totally different. Besides, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD series doesn't exactly fare well for their credit. DC's Arrow, on the other hand, is doing pretty well. It's way too early to make a judgment for this show, wise thing to do is to wait and see how it will turn out.
It wasn't just about comparing a movie and TV series, it's about how both companies are treating their properties.

Marvel is going bold even with lesser known characters like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy, while DC is still clinging to Batman.

Yep, Green Arrow is great and is the big exception.

But you are right, it's too early to pass judgement on this show until we at least get to see the pilot.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #24
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
It wasn't just about comparing a movie and TV series, it's about how both companies are treating their properties.

Marvel is going bold even with lesser known characters like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy, while DC is still clinging to Batman.

But you are right, it's too early to pass judgement on this show until we at least get to see the pilot.
My point is that the tv properties and movie properties should be evaluated separately. If DC was clinging to only Batman (or Superman) they wouldn't make a series based on Green Arrow in the first place. Not to mention, their upcoming show about Constantine also shows that they are willing to take more chances when it comes to small screen. And there is also the upcoming Flash show. Furthermore, this show is not mainly about Batman, but Gordon and the Gotham City in general.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #25
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Furthermore, this show is not mainly about Batman, but Gordon and the Gotham City in general.
Hopefully you're right about that.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #26
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Well, if it was about Batman they wouldn't have casted a child actor to play Bruce Wayne.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #27
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Yeah not Batman per se, it's still bound to be teen years of Bruce Wayne. Every popular character doesn't need to be explored with insane backstory for unnecessary run of drama.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

I think it's unfair to compare the DC and Marvel cinematic/tv Universe to one another right now. Marvel has been establishing their cohesive universe for years now and DC is just getting started.

And to say DC is still clinging to Batman is like saying Marvel is still clinging to Iron Man. They'll always be a part of things in one way or another.

DC is taking the right steps now. We have a Flash and Gotham television series in the works and Arrow is going strong, and far better than anything Marvel has put on the small screen I might add. Wonder Woman has been cast and rumors are other major DC heroes will be cast in time leading into an eventual Justice League film as well as possible stand alone adventures. Sure its taken DC a ridiculous amount of time to get to this point but they're moving forward now. Man of Steel was great so I'm excited about what the future holds but it seems everything I read on the internet regarding the course DC is on is pessimistic and I just don't understand it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #29
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

I enjoyed Man of Steel, but the movie had its share of problems which were hard to ignore, yet I remain optimistic about the Man of the Steel sequel and I'm very much championing the casting of Affleck.

But beyond that, currently there isn't much to instill confidence in the DC movie/tv universe. It isn't even a cohesive universe. The guy playing Flash seems to be a good fit and despite having his own show he will likely be replaced for JLA. Flash should have gotten his solo film first, as should have Wonder Woman. But I guess we have to accept them in cameo and TV roles for now.

Batman gets a movie trilogy, now stars in a Superman sequel and then gets a TV show. Come on, I love Batman, but give the other main DC characters a solo big screen adaptation too.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #30
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Green Lantern had a solo movie.