Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #271
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

During the movie I was enjoying my self. It's a fun movie that will entertain you through out it. When it was over I was left feeling a strong "meh". It was neither memorable nor bad. It just sort of "was." No big stand out moments. Nothing to tie into the bigger MCU as a whole. But there were no bad moments that bothered me either. I thought there were a lack of Easter eggs and tie in's compared to other movies.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:36 PM   #272
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I thought it was a missed opportunity for a great villain IMO, what they did to Taskmaster in this movie was annoying... the first fight scene with Taskmaster had promise but then the writers just butchered the character, I think they got to caught up with the stupid twist instead of just writing something good for the character...

Overall the movie was just ok... I'd put it in the middle of the pack as far as MCU movies goes... It was WAY better than Captain Marvel...
Id agree with everything you said

Taskmaster had a ton of potential but they handled the character wrong making him a mindless puppet for a twist that doesnt even have much of a payoff

Couple nitpick issues:
Spoiler

- Natasha “kills” her when shes a child while she is much older although no age or year is confirmed. Then when its revealed taskmaster is the daughter shes basically the same age as natasha now
- she appears to have enhanced strength? I dont think it was ever confirmed she had any super soldier serum or cybernetic enhancements so not sure where this skinny chick is getting all this power unless i just missed something
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #273
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Only thing I liked about the movie was Yelena, she just had a fun attitude. The rest was meh, end was a over the top mission impossible.

Didnt take long for it to be ripped on the internet either.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #274
ukshaun
Hercules

@Vince-Vell Yelena was excellent. Florence Pugh was 100% worthy to be playing opposite SJ
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #275
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

My first movie back in a theater. Was great going back. Good enough movie but would have been better in phase 3 in my opinion.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #276
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

My first film back at theatres as well.

It was amazing 8/10. I really liked Florence Pugh. Scarlet was pretty good as Black Widow as usual. I have zero problem with Taskmaster. I have been reading original American comics for almost 19 years now and i have never read anything with Taskmaster... REALY A MAJOR character huh... HA HA ! so who cares what they did with the person. I liked what they did anyway.

The film was really emotional at moments. I'm glad they didn't turn out like a family in The Fast and Furious... HA HA ! but a really emotional, well connected family with good dialog between them.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

There was no Robert Downy Jr. in the film... :/ I read at somewhere at some film site that there was a Robert Downy Jr cameo in the Film before the Film got in the thearthers. I was really looking forward to Robert Downy Jr... :/
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 11:57 PM   #277
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Saw this today. Gotta say that Francis Pugh made the movie. Perhaps it’s because we have been watching ScarJo as BW for over a decade, but I found Francis brought life to the movie. Really she kinda stole the show. That end credit scene makes me excited to see more.

Taskmaster….such potential. There is always a chance they can fix the oversight done with the character given the backstory.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 02:28 AM   #278
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Saw this today. Gotta say that Francis Pugh made the movie. Perhaps it’s because we have been watching ScarJo as BW for over a decade, but I found Francis brought life to the movie. Really she kinda stole the show. That end credit scene makes me excited to see more.

Taskmaster….such potential. There is always a chance they can fix the oversight done with the character given the backstory.
Oh Absolutely. That's why I'm not even phased by it.

Spoiler
They've now established a way for mimicking technology to exist and can now have that technology be applied to another person. The MCU pays tribute to the comics the vast majority of the time but, they sometimes need to establish something before they can get there. 10-1 there's another Taskmaster down the road that intentionally uses the chip in this film to make themselves able to mimic other MCU characters.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:28 PM   #279
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The CGI looked fine to me. As far as i could tell, there was not that much of it, other than the obvious craft, a certain structure, one or two effects.

I'd rate it at the higher end of typical. Better than Black Panther, better than Captain Marvel, to name a few. I liked the humor, which worked better than the constant stream of joke's that is Thor 3, which was dire compared to the might of Deadpool 2 humor. The recent The Suicide Squad trailer implied viewers are in for Thor 3 humor, which has put me off slightly.
I actually didn't like the humor in this one. It annoyed me as much as Thor 3. I would prefer Marvel do away with the comedic banter.

I do agree with what other people have said, Taskmaster had more potential
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:59 AM   #280
Gruson
Suicide Squad

One of the worst Marvel films IMO. Taskmaster twist was beyond stupid.
Comedy was not funny.
Not a fan.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote