Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Thumbs down What's the crappiest Christmas gift you ever got ?

I just spent most of my weekend looking for Christmas gifts for friends and family, and I think it was pretty successful (I like to think I'm good at choosing gifts). On the other hand, I've been given some real crap over the years.

So, in the true spirit of Christmas (getting gifts ), what are some of the worst or weirdest Christmas gifts you have rec'd.

One aunt gave me the same t-shirt every year, even into my early 20's. It was one of those 'Gone surfing' shirts that 8 year old kids wear . . . one step away from a t-shirt saying "My Dad Rocks" ???

Another aunt used to fill an old coffee jar with a delightful mix of peanuts and breakfast cereal . . . every year !!!
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

nothing

i'm not speaking for him but perhaps a bit fitting, i remember one year my father got a framed signed photograph of his boss with his dog out of his works gift swap. Totally random or what?

i mean at least clothes, even cheap ones, would be some use to someone. Donated or as rags, or something you throw on for a dirty job. Nothing redeemable about a framed photo of a co-worker.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #3
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme

I pushed that memory involving bad and disappointing Christmas gifts so far back I can't remember them anymore. It worked!!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKind View Post
nothing

i'm not speaking for him but perhaps a bit fitting, i remember one year my father got a framed signed photograph of his boss with his dog out of his works gift swap. Totally random or what?
That's weird, but next time you talk to him, ask him if he wants to swap it for a jar full of nuts & sh!t ??
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 AM   #5
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

if your aunts are defecating into containers, wrapping them up and giving them to you, you've got big problems. Especially nutty poo. When i was young it was always coal when you're bad. Kids have it rough these days i guess.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #6
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKind View Post
nothing

i mean at least clothes, even cheap ones, would be some use to someone. Donated or as rags, or something you throw on for a dirty job. Nothing redeemable about a framed photo of a co-worker.
WTF?!

Your dad should take a pic of his crotch and frame that up and give it back to him. That ought to teach that cheapo a lesson.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

pretty much anything my wife ever gets me. she is horrible with gifts. it took her forever to learn if i look at something and say thats awesome i am joking around. she also learned pretty fast not to get me any collectibles unless i give her a list of what i need and how much she should pay for it. i think comic stores make a fortune off of girlfriends/boyfriends trying to get gifts and having no clue what they are worth.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

toe socks and a sweater that was 5 times too large for me. LOL.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Never got a bad gift. For me, it was always the thought that was most important. I really don't care what people get me, or don't get me, whether its useful or not, I may have gotten some odd gifts, but nothing bad.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

One year my brother wrapped up a Brick in a small box, that box was packed into a bigger box with garbage from the trash, and then that box was packed into a bigger box with garbage etc... Took me about 6 boxes to open it up to find the brick. And it was nasty opening that crap up.

Then he gave me my real present, when i opened it up, it was a Play Station (when they came out) box, but it was very light. I opened it up and it was some old T Shirts i threw out months prior to X-mas. bastage pulled them out if the trash and saved them.

So then he really gave me my real present, a box that was duct taped. Now when i say Duck taped, it had a whole roll of the duck tape on it. I have to use a razor blade to open it, and sure enough it was the Play station.

Since then i dont open any gifts he gives me anymore.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote