Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2018, 05:45 PM   #271
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless_one View Post
I´ve got a letter from the german customs telling me that the code for 4 PCS pieces were wrong… so I have to pay about 520€ more because the german custom changed it...
Wow, so are they doing this to you after you have received the pieces and paid the duty on them already??
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #272
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Hi, is there anyone from the UK with recent experience of paying customs / VAT duties when ordering from Sideshow?

I have recently been using DHL as my preferred carrier and was happy with the amounts I was getting charged however they seem to have shot up.

As an example, last month I received the Okoye 1/10 Iron Studios piece and paid only £4.52 on it. This month, Sideshow dispatched Black Panther from the same range and around the same price and the charges for that are apparently £33!!!

I assume its because DHL had been honoring the 9703 code and are now no longer doing so. Does anyone know from recent experience if any of the usual carriers (Fedex, UPS, etc) are still honoring 9703 and giving reasonable charges?
With Sideshow I pay DHL (US-UK) shipping + waybill charge. The waybill charge vary's, and i'm not too sure how it's calculated?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #273
Faceless_one
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoff View Post
Wow, so are they doing this to you after you have received the pieces and paid the duty on them already??
Yes! I was told they noticed that PCS allways signs it with the "wrong" code (in their mind) and they automatically searched back to march 2018 and sent out new bills…
Faceless_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:56 AM   #274
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With Sideshow I pay DHL (US-UK) shipping + waybill charge. The waybill charge vary's, and i'm not too sure how it's calculated?
I'm curious about this as well if anyone can enlighten?

I just recieved my first ever PFF via DHL and was charged a £36 waybill. Just wondering if there's any right to a dispute?
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:59 AM   #275
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
And this is why I don't want to deal with SSC anymore... But the hubby really wanted this Wolverine (and X-23) and with Wasp still on the way, these should be the final three. Here's hoping he'll listens to me and doesn't order more from them...

Quote:
Your DHL EXPRESS shipment with waybill number xxx from SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES is arriving in the country. There is import duty/tax due on your shipment. The amount is EUR 131.76.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #276
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

I have pretty much stopped buying from most companies. VAT Bills have killed this hobby for me. People on the other side of the pond, should be so grateful they don't have to deal with such absurdities with this hobby. 'Oh no, Sideshow PF's have risen by $50. What will I do now?" Try adding another $150 dollars onto that value, and then come back to me with your weak ass complaint.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #277
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
At least he arrived safely and without issues. Those import fees get a lot more annoying when you have to destroy your statue for a full refund because they don't have any replacements anymore... You can't imagine how much money we've lost because of that -_-
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 05:01 PM   #278
Shoo
Hercules

Sorry for the necropost, but do you guys know if Sideshow still uses 392640 as a harmonized code?
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:03 PM   #279
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Sorry for the necropost, but do you guys know if Sideshow still uses 392640 as a harmonized code?

for statues it is that.
Above all, be aware that S.Show always sends the export invoice to the courier without any discount indicated (spooktacular, black friday, reward points)
Even if you buy it on offer or with accumulated points, they always declare the full price.
You must obtain the complete invoice from S.Show and block the shipment immediately to recalculate the taxes.
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:47 PM   #280
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
for statues it is that.
Above all, be aware that S.Show always sends the export invoice to the courier without any discount indicated (spooktacular, black friday, reward points)
Even if you buy it on offer or with accumulated points, they always declare the full price.
You must obtain the complete invoice from S.Show and block the shipment immediately to recalculate the taxes.
Thank you.

Yes, I'm painfully aware that they always declare the full price. How can I obtain the amended invoice from them, though? Do I e-mail them as soon as I get their message about the last payment? And most importantly, would they agree to declare the real price then?

It's too late for my latest package from them ($323 in taxes for Tweeterhead's 1:6 Joker, FML), but I still have the Prime 1 1:3 Predator coming from them, and I used a lot of credits on that.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote