Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
KELPIE
New Republic

Cool Transformers and PopCultureShock - A Perfect Match [?]

G'Day all.

I've been sitting on this one for a while and couldn't help myself but bring it up for discussion.

When it comes to 80's properties, there is one grand daddy of them all. The Transformers.

Thundercats are great and He-Man is better, however Transformers is where it's at.

No one has been able to do the original Transformers justice in statue form and they are screaming for some representation.

I'm not good with scales, someone on here mentioned 1:21 (whoever you are come and claim your idea)? However whatever makes Prime around the PF or 1/4 size and then scale the rest of the line around him.

A series of TF G1 statues would be a dream come true. There would be no shortage of options or possibilities with this line either. I feel if PCS followed the Street Fighter / He-Man model it would be a great success.

We could start off with little Starscream:

Throw in an exclusive coronation:

Have everyone hungry for more. Some paint changes and maybe if we're lucky pose change and boom, we have two more in:

Skywarp

and Thundercracker

Light remolds and we can throw in the other guys like:

Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust

That's 6 Statues straight out of the block without too much design work after the initial effort.

I'd love a set of the 5 Dinobots, perhaps with interconnecting bases?

Heck I'll take Dio's as well please.

Looking at the various companies out there, I can't think of a better collectible firm than PCS at the moment to pull this off - and I would be in all the way.

Credit for the pictures belong to c16mkii's Flicker account where he has collected the artwork from the Transformers Legends, Moobage game.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Hanzo
I am da law!

Pcs has been avoiding the mk cyborgs, i dont think they want to mess with metal
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

If they do this, I'm all in.

I wouldn't mind Soundwave, Optimus, Devestartor even.

Great reference pics btw
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Part of me would love this, the rest of me thinks I would lose my mind. Too much drama.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
SuperJ300
Zot

I would be all over this!

As you can see, it would be a mix of 1/6 to 1/4 scale statue.

There is a big G1 Transformers fan base out there, with conventions being held every year. It would be great to get a grand statue to display in the collection.

Please!!!!!'
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
G'Day all.

I've been sitting on this one for a while and couldn't help myself but bring it up for discussion.

When it comes to 80's properties, there is one grand daddy of them all. The Transformers.

Thundercats are great and He-Man is better, however Transformers is where it's at.

No one has been able to do the original Transformers justice in statue form and they are screaming for some representation.

I'm not good with scales, someone on here mentioned 1:21 (whoever you are come and claim your idea)? However whatever makes Prime around the PF or 1/4 size and then scale the rest of the line around him.

A series of TF G1 statues would be a dream come true. There would be no shortage of options or possibilities with this line either. I feel if PCS followed the Street Fighter / He-Man model it would be a great success.

We could start off with little Starscream:

Throw in an exclusive coronation:

Have everyone hungry for more. Some paint changes and maybe if we're lucky pose change and boom, we have two more in:

Skywarp

and Thundercracker

Light remolds and we can throw in the other guys like:

Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust

That's 6 Statues straight out of the block without too much design work after the initial effort.

I'd love a set of the 5 Dinobots, perhaps with interconnecting bases?

Heck I'll take Dio's as well please.

Looking at the various companies out there, I can't think of a better collectible firm than PCS at the moment to pull this off - and I would be in all the way.

Credit for the pictures belong to c16mkii's Flicker account where he has collected the artwork from the Transformers Legends, Moobage game.
That would be me with that idea. In fact, my dream is to hopefully start a new statue company and maybe (that's a big maybe) acquire the TF G1 (cause the movies crap is wick-wick-wack) license. I already know a few artists that draw TFs and have contacted them. All I need now is the money. Money usually talks.

Secondly, I chose 1:21 because that is about the size of a PF (think SS Colossus PF size for Optimus, Megatron, Galvatron, etc.) So they would come out to around 24". Characters like Wheeljack would be around 18". Blaster would be about 22". Ultra Magnus would be about 26" as he is a little taller than Optimus. Grimlock would be about the same in robot form (around 26" - 27").

Now when it comes to combiners, I would not do them individually, but only in combined form. So Devastator for instance would be about the size of a 1:2 SS LSF. In fact, he might be even bigger. I think I did some calculations on his size in 1:21 scale and he would come out to about 55"- 57" give or take an inch. So I have been doing my homework and am dead serious about doing this if I ever hit some massive moolah. And as far as I am concerned, money is no object in acquiring the license or making them.

Believe me, TF is my most beloved license and most wanted. So I already have the kinds of poses, prices mapped out (I have already looked into this for doing it IN USA), Exclusives will be bonafide exclusives...not just a switch out head, print, etc. and a whole bunch of other stuff I want to keep to my chest. I even know painters (high quality painters) that want to tackle something like that and paint it for the (potential) customer on a 1:1 basis.

But, need money. For the love of God.....please let me win the lottery....oh LAWD!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:46 AM   #7
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I would love a G1 Transformers statues line! Even if there is a chance I can become bankrupt and homeless, I don't care. I will be so into this line. If someone does pick up the license, I wish the statues look more like the Takara Tomy Masterpiece versions because damn those things are so detailed. Hoping, hoping, hoping.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Funnily enough there was actually a thread about this once on the PCS section already :P

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=transformers
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:57 AM   #9
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Now when it comes to combiners, I would not do them individually, but only in combined form. So Devastator for instance would be about the size of a 1:2 SS LSF. In fact, he might be even bigger. I think I did some calculations on his size in 1:21 scale and he would come out to about 55"- 57" give or take an inch. So I have been doing my homework and am dead serious about doing this if I ever hit some massive moolah. And as far as I am concerned, money is no object in acquiring the license or making them.
I would be happy with just the combiner transformers!!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Pcs has been avoiding the mk cyborgs, i dont think they want to mess with metal
robocop?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote