Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #11
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

All the Avengers books, with the exception of Uncanny, have been a complete snore. Hickman's work has been dreadful.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #12
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

I've recently read a bunch of Uncanny Avengers. It was OK but it feels like a book trying to be way more important than it will be.

The only other Avengers book I've been reading is Mighty Avengers which I love.

The other Avengers books just drag. I was reading title less Avengers for about a year before getting absolutely tired of it. A shame too as I loved the newer Avengers Smasher and Captain Universe a great deal.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I pretty much agree with what has been said,

Avengers & New Avengers are dragging on. The whole underlying story is taking forever. I remember when Hickman started him saying he had 60+ issues already plotted out. (I don't know if that was combined or not)
I'm on the fence about dropping those books because I have invested so much and am waiting for the payoff. Once his story is over they will re-number anyway and start fresh with a new creative team. I have liked the sub-plots that have played out in Avengers World as the companion book to main two, but I can live without it.

Secret Avengers (vol # 3) has been underwhelming. I liked the previous 2 volumes but should have stopped when they re-numbered. Not impressed

Mighty Avengers has been the best Avengers book by far. Good art and great story telling have made this a fun read. I like the diverse members it works. Sadly I will not be continuing with this when they re-number the book in October. I'm done with that game.

Uncanny Avengers has been up and down. I love the core members but I also feel that this storyline has drawn on and on. And with what is happening to Wolverine, Captain America & Thor the core of this team will be gone. I'm sure Remender will add suitable replacements but the book is slowly losing me. AXIS will either make or break this title I think.

On a side note I plan on dropping both Thor and Captain America once they re-number. I'm just so tired of the multiple volumes . Comics are not marketed right anymore and older collectors are not the target audience. Thats fine and my wallet appreciates that. I mean Punisher is on Vol # 10 and this new Captain America series is Vol # 9 really c'mon. I miss the days when the Avengers had one or two titles. Avengers and West Coast Avengers.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote