Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-12-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
T3xAsFi3nd
Frackin!

Tips/suggestions for Prime1 Hush black suit superman statue repaint

So I'm looking to repaint my own 1/3 P1 black suit Hush Superman statue to the original Blue/red colors and I'm having a challenging time finding the right shade of blue to use. I'd like to try and stay as close to factory colors that P1 used on their original blue/red 1/3 Hush Superman. I'm trying to stick with laquer paints and So far I've bought all kinds of shades of blue from all different brands such as Mr. Color, gaianotes, Tamiya laquer paints, E7 laquer paints, all alclad candy blue laquers, etc. And still having a hard time deciding which direction to go in. I've tried all kinds of variations and so far the shade of blue I think i like is a mix of Tamiya flat white laquer mixed with gaianotes pure blue cyan laquer but I'm still not 100% on it. I've also tried mr color sky blue over violet base coat/white highlights then finish it off with a couple light coats of alclad electric blue. Also, I'm not sure what technique to use when it comes to layering. Is it better to use a dark blue/purple base coat with white highlights then go over it with my shade of mixed blue pure cyan/tamiya flat white or use a white/gray primer then my mixed blue for the base coat then go in and add the shading with a clear blue/violet? I don't known if I'm over thinking this but any suggestions or tips would be really helpful.

There are tons of pics of the original blue/red P1 Hush Superman statues online but the shades of colors all look different becuase of lighting, filters etc. So it's hard to decide on a shade of blue especially since I've not seen this red/blue version in person. Here are a few pics I've been referencing. The last picture is the look I'd like to go for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221003_121830_YouTube.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	154581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221003_122401_YouTube.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	154582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220916_163221_YouTube.jpg
Views:	5