Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #561
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Yup. Sideshow is the only option for 1:4 scale Predator pieces at the moment. I think there is a fair amount of hyperbole going on with the size of the head. People at SDCC who have seen the piece in person have said the size of the head looks fine. That's what I am going by even though the pics tell a different story which can more than likely be chalked up to lens distortion.
I have to ask - this "lens distortion" phrase is being used a lot - what does it mean?

Also, given we have had photos from more than 1 camera now, from multiple angles AND at least 1 quality video (above) - how could "lens distortion" be affecting every one of these shots?

Sincere question.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #562
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
I have to ask - this "lens distortion" phrase is being used a lot - what does it mean?

Also, given we have had photos from more than 1 camera now, from multiple angles AND at least 1 quality video (above) - how could "lens distortion" be affecting every one of these shots?

Sincere question.

Conspiracy theories perhaps
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #563
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

Sincere question.

Fair question. The head protrudes forward from the body making it appear larger in the lens than it actually is.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:05 PM   #564
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Wow I'm glad many agree 500.00 to 600.00 max on this. That's even better than what I wanted at 900.00. I can live with 500-600.00. Hope it's that price on po. Will buy for sure if it is. But I don't think it will be that low.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #565
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Fair question. The head protrudes forward from the body making it appear larger in the lens than it actually is.
So the camera is doing something that human eyes would not?

But even if this was true - if it was "perspective" on the front-facing shots causing it, why would that affect side shots?

Again - sincere questions.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:13 PM   #566
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I think it looks really good, for the most part. Sometimes the head looks too big, sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to reserve judgement on that one. I will absolutely pass on this just because of the leg armor, but I really think that the armor goes on over the netting, so I don't think it is something that can't be fixed. If it is, I'm not paying $1,200+ for something that will give me buyer's remorse every time I look at it. No matter how good the rest of it looks. But I'm going to try to stay positive that it won't be necessary. Hopefully this can be my first SS Predator purchase.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #567
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Predators always have huge heads. I can't even tell any difference and I've seen all the movies. But then again it's been a while now. It looks like a predator to me so it's all good. Even if they add a samurai sword and huge guns on them it would still be predators.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #568
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
What about the Bobblehead side view?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Wow I'm glad many agree 500.00 to 600.00 max on this. That's even better than what I wanted at 900.00. I can live with 500-600.00. Hope it's that price on po. Will buy for sure if it is. But I don't think it will be that low.
Please stop posting...
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #569
HeavyMetalSpike

Quote:
Quote:
Predators always have huge heads. I can't even tell any difference and I've seen all the movies. But then again it's been a while now.
I've heard a rumour that the $500-$600 estimate is the price of the head.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #570
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
"But if this piece is $500 or so I'd PO it for sure no matter the few minor flaws".

You need to find another hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No kidding, even a regular PF is more than that now.
The hilarious part if you fools keep telling SS

"I'll pay this Price"

So they keep taking MORE AND MORE of your money.

The reality is your an idiot to say I will pay $1200 for this piece. When you SHOULD SAY I will only pay $500 for this FLAWED STATUE.

FACT, this STATUE is FLAWED. So maybe you should SAY to SS on this forum.

I will PAY $2200 and let them listen to how dumb you are so you can give them more money your hard earned money. (Maybe you inherited it from mommy daddy or your grandparents so you have no idea how hard it is to generate wealth, so good job pissing it away)

I enjoy laughing at you when you have NO idea how to stop SS from ripping you a new one when a Venom that was a Quality piece cost $250 and now your paying $1200 for a messed up Predator.

I know better to not waste my money on a flawed piece, you two DON'T.

If I was going to pay over a GRAND on a statue it will be a XM piece.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote