Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-04-2024, 02:13 PM   #1631
qz33
Doctor Doom

A lot of people are like me, where this ain't a settling game.
Missing stuff just nags me to no end.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:47 PM   #1632
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
The damages weren't too terrible for it to be completely worthless... mostly stuff like chipped hair and a few other things like finger/s and maybe the coat tips.

It was enough to where I considered it for a moment, but then realized I didn't want to deal with trying to fix those small imperfections plus spending much more over that shipping cost. But totally worth the effort to someone with more time and repair ability.

Yeah, the market has swung more on the Buyer's side lately. But as always, it depends on the pieces and timing. The past week or so, I've mostly just seen a lot of high listings and a few high sales. I guess people are spending their Christmas gift money.

Sorry to hear about your Rogue. I'd guess the problem is that it's the REG and most collectors want that EX portrait. I'm glad companies are starting to do away with these different edition types and including everything (or at least alternate portraits) within the main offering.
Agree with you on this for sure. Truth be told, when I received the most recent Sideshow Psylocke PF where she is on the pagoda and realized that there was just one edition size and it included both arm switchouts, ,y first reaction was like, "why hasn't this always been this way!!??!!"

For the life of me, it just makes sense.

Just include all switchouts in one box and have it be at one price. easy.

I would never display my SS Emma Frost EX portrait so why have it as an CE version and also as an EX version...?

Same goes for the SS Jean Grey PF. I would never display the EX portrait. Just include them both in one box as opposed to a CE version and an EX version.

It just seems to create more pieces that are harder to sell down the road. Too many pieces out there then......kinda looses the concept of a "collectible."

LOL!

Yea but I am trying to make room for my new Rogue I am getting. She has the look that I have been looking for-for some time now.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 04:52 PM   #1633
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yep, I tend to steer away from the REG unless its a great deal. I did buy the Reg Rogue from BBTS because they would ship to my location overseas and SS would not due to box size. Funny thing is, BBTS then put it in an even larger box....I wanted the character enough to settle, but its just better overall when you dont have to deal with that.
Yea I'm replacing my SS Rogue CE PF with another Rogue I have been eyeballing for some time. I needed the look from the 90's in my set up with the big hair.

Also this Rogue I am getting will have a smaller footprint so that I can make more room on my shelf for other X-Men.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:44 PM   #1634
ukshaun
Hercules

I just bagged a Sideshow Collectibles Gambit Maquette EX
All i need now is a Wolverine and a Colossus to call my X-Men statue collection 'sort of' complete.
..i say 'sort of' as i cannot see X-Men ever being 100% complete.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM   #1635
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
All i need now is a Wolverine and a Colossus to call my X-Men statue collection 'sort of' complete.
question is........

which Wolverine.? lol

I hope you can find one these days. We all know that there have not been many made to date. LOL!!!

Old 01-04-2024, 06:01 PM   #1636
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
question is........

which Wolverine.? lol

I hope you can find one these days. We all know that there have not been many made to date. LOL!!!

I might end up picking up the Sideshow Logan EX as and when one shows up, as i like that piece.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 06:04 PM   #1637
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
I might end up picking up the Sideshow Logan EX as and when one shows up, as i like that piece.

Nice.

Such an awesome Logan for sure!!!! Not sure why they chose the denim jeans on him but regardless....as for as a sweet representation of a "Logan!!" He is SICK!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2024, 07:26 PM   #1638
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
I have that Logan, and it is incredible! The Daniel Bel sculpt and paint applications are really next level.

I have that Logan posed with their latest Lobo! They pair perfectly!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 05:28 AM   #1639
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Great choice! I have the EX and it's a phenomenal statue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:40 PM   #1640
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yep, I tend to steer away from the REG unless its a great deal. I did buy the Reg Rogue from BBTS because they would ship to my location overseas and SS would not due to box size. Funny thing is, BBTS then put it in an even larger box....I wanted the character enough to settle, but its just better overall when you dont have to deal with that.
Yeah, that was another problem... it was tougher for collectors outside the US to get EX editions. So much simpler for everyone with just one edition with everything.

Glad to hear you were at least able to get one without too much trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
A lot of people are like me, where this ain't a settling game.
Missing stuff just nags me to no end.
Most of the time, I'm like that, too. But an amazing deal will have me reconsidering... and a few times, I'll go for it. (Looking around, those things include missing boxes, missing shipper only, a few REG editions with EX pieces I didn't care about missing, and a missing AC adapter.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
Agree with you on this for sure. Truth be told, when I received the most recent Sideshow Psylocke PF where she is on the pagoda and realized that there was just one edition size and it included both arm switchouts, ,y first reaction was like, "why hasn't this always been this way!!??!!"

For the life of me, it just makes sense.

Just include all switchouts in one box and have it be at one price. easy.

I would never display my SS Emma Frost EX portrait so why have it as an CE version and also as an EX version...?

Same goes for the SS Jean Grey PF. I would never display the EX portrait. Just include them both in one box as opposed to a CE version and an EX version.

It just seems to create more pieces that are harder to sell down the road. Too many pieces out there then......kinda looses the concept of a "collectible."

LOL!

Yea but I am trying to make room for my new Rogue I am getting. She has the look that I have been looking for-for some time now.
So much simpler for everyone!!!

Different collectors have different tastes... multiple portraits (or switchouts of any type) give everyone more flexibility to display pieces how they want, when they want.

Quote:
Congrats on the Gambit pickup!

There are so many X-men from so many eras that I doubt any collector can get a completed large scale lineup. The Dazzler reveal gives me hope that one day more atypical characters might be done more often to maybe get us that much closer to a completed possibility.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote