Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #21
snobird
A day without sunshine is like... night.

snobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #22
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaZe View Post
I honestly did not expect to be looking this much at Slimer's cracken today! However as has been said why have the mould and then take out parts especially at this price point. However saying that if this was a custom you would be looking at paying 3 times as much for it.

Displaying this is a real pain and in my mind they should have sliced him in half and then have it wall mountable so it looks like it is floating through the wall right at you! This has been on my want list for a while but unless I see one on eBay for less I won't pull the trigger.

Lastly what a poor exclusive! A plaque wow! I mean come on HCG sort it out you have kicked us all in the balls/nether regions enough already with the Bruce Lee and Selene busts that surely you can think of a better exclusive.
That's a good idea with the half slimer, would look awesome if done right
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #23
heman
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ok, this mold DOES have the uvula, BUT no butt crack which is insane AND it looks like the arms are inserts and not molded properly in one piece like mine. Mine did cost a fortune, especially shipping, which is why they took the arms off, but when you see seems, it takes away from the piece. Also mine since my pictures has been tripple coated extra gloss slime, so he really looks slimey now, not matte paint job like this one
heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:38 PM   #24
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I preordered with the plan.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #25
mattman68
Blue Falcon

I preordered but I want that crack! It really makes no sense. These aren't some toy made for children whose parents might be offended for some reason by a cartoon ghost's ass, it's a very expensive collectible made for adults fans who appreciate accuracy, especially when it's based off the original molds from the fx artist. They should put that crack back in there if they care about their customers.
mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #26
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman68 View Post
I preordered but I want that crack! It really makes no sense. These aren't some toy made for children whose parents might be offended for some reason by a cartoon ghost's ass, it's a very expensive collectible made for adults fans who appreciate accuracy, especially when it's based off the original molds from the fx artist. They should put that crack back in there if they care about their customers.
I ordered as well, but I agree 100%.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:03 AM   #27
dfchang
The Riddler

How hard would it be to add crack back in? If you have a local Paintmaster it would be child's play. Even with full repaint and some minor modification you can get it go look as good as heman's and keep it below 2k. If it has uvula this piece is 90% there.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #28
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I just got an email that there are 8 exclusives left. I ordered 1 yesterday. The original ghostbusters reminds my wife of our kids when they were little. I showed her this statue and she made me order it immediately. lol

The censored butt is annoying but nowhere near a deal breaker for us.
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #29
SimmonM
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

There were many versions of Slimer done by Steve Johnson for the movie, this particular sculpt is the work of Andy Schoneberg.

The sculpt itself is a beast, the dimensions of this dwarf almost the entirety of my collection. The finish on Christian's is one of the very best I've ever seen and his display is second to none.

I was lucky enough to pick one of these up before the degradation of the original molds. If you've seen one in person, then you cant help but be saddened by the commercial piece losing some of it's trademark features.

That is a Mattel Ghostbuster trap to give you a sense of scale. The pole it's displayed on his 6' in length.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlimerFinal02.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	95545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slimer09.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	95546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slimer17.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	95547  
SimmonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:31 AM   #30
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

so is this from the original movie molds or not? hcg are saying it is, Paul from cc says it isn't. I'd like to order this (the neca one has poor details and would be easily damaged) but to me it's important if it has a direct connection to the film or not
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote