Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-15-2020, 05:27 PM   #21
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

No probs...That's the beauty of our hobbie everyone likes different things the Freddy bust looks great to me in person as does Mowhawk ...I'll have to wait to see how Pale Man goes as i haven't seen him in person yet, Even though these might not be perfect or for everyone I haven't seen a better alternative to these by other companies and maybe Queen Studios is the only other company that could that mass produce these for sale unless you go custom.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #22
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
No probs...That's the beauty of our hobbie everyone likes different things the Freddy bust looks great to me in person as does Mowhawk ...I'll have to wait to see how Pale Man goes as i haven't seen him in person yet, Even though these might not be perfect or for everyone I haven't seen a better alternative to these by other companies and maybe Queen Studios is the only other company that could that mass produce these for sale unless you go custom.
You bring up a good point. "in person". I have only seen these in photographs. Even when I don't own specific statues, I love going places where I can even SEE them in person. For example, I don't own the Sideshow Thanos on Throne, but I was able to see it in person at a collectibles store. It is a beautiful work of art. Great stuff. I would love to be able to see these ECC statues in person. Some day... Thanks for the different point of view.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #23
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Translucent resin can photograph badly...Some love it others aren't fans ...The great thing with E.C.C is they are close to prototype for there production pieces...In saying that there are collectors who upgrade these pieces with custom airbrushing like Rafael Robledo Jnr does on his pieces so there is room to improve cheers for the chat it's great as you say to get other perspectives.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #24
Jack Burton

Yeah, I would definitely think this is going to be our only option for a life size bust. My problem is that I can probably get one thing this year, and I was set on getting the Prime 1 Evil Dead 2 diorama. I'm happy with the improvements they made on a few of the headsculpts, and I don't really have any good collectibles from the series. I've loved that and Army of Darkness for too many years. Love pans labyrinth as well. Tough decisions...

Hmm... ECC is only making 150 of these. Prime 1 is making 500 of the evil dead ex. Not sure how many of the regular. Decisions...
Old 05-16-2020, 06:33 PM   #25
Ranz

Can't go wrong with either one really...Prime 1 did a great job on the adjusted head sculpts on Ash...Look a lot more like him now ...Best evil dead collectible hands down ...Faun marquette in 1:3 still coming from E.C.C that looks awesome so a second chance at another Pan's Labyrinth collectible a lot of ppl won't buy Pale Man as he is a bit scary if they have kids.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #26
Jack Burton

Quote:
Can't go wrong with either one really...Prime 1 did a great job on the adjusted head sculpts on Ash...Look a lot more like him now ...Best evil dead collectible hands down ...Faun marquette in 1:3 still coming from E.C.C that looks awesome so a second chance at another Pan's Labyrinth collectible a lot of ppl won't buy Pale Man as he is a bit scary if they have kids.
They still don't offer payment plans, do they? I think you pay when it comes in stock, correct? Three days left to decide...
Old 05-17-2020, 05:10 PM   #27
Ranz

You may be correct I'm unsure I buy from Popculcha in Australia.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #28
Jack Burton

Quote:
You may be correct I'm unsure I buy from Popculcha in Australia.
You mentioned being a fan of Daran Holt's sculpting. I managed to get a copy of his Lord of Darkkness life sized bust years ago. I've seen the Sideshow collectibles one in person, and I love the amount of detail on Daran's. Plus, it has a bit of shine to it, unlike the matte finish of Sideshow's.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #29
Ranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
You mentioned being a fan of Daran Holt's sculpting. I managed to get a copy of his Lord of Darkkness life sized bust years ago. I've seen the Sideshow collectibles one in person, and I love the amount of detail on Daran's. Plus, it has a bit of shine to it, unlike the matte finish of Sideshow's.
Wow awesome that would be amazing to own ...His Bram Stokers Dracula is epic wish i could get one sent to Aus.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #30
Jack Burton

Quote:
Wow awesome that would be amazing to own ...His Bram Stokers Dracula is epic wish i could get one sent to Aus.
The pre-order ends tomorrow. I figured today might be my last day...so I did it. I preordered it. I don’t want it to disappear with only 150 being made. And it could end with fewer being made. I figure there are going to be at least 1500 evil dead prime 1’s being made. I’ll get one once it comes out. I really don’t care about the exclusive.