Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Stephen King's IT (2017)

Release: September 8, 2017

Full Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCdOQsX5kc

Stephen King’s It remains one of the prolific author’s masterworks, an 1,138-page horror show about a group of young kids who, in 1950s Maine, are forced to contend with a malevolent clown named Pennywise and then must finish the job when he reappears in town years later. The novel was turned into a TV miniseries in 1990 that was altogether underwhelming, save for Tim Curry’s peerless portrayal of Pennywise, a bloodthirsty Bozo who lives in the sewers. But this September, a long-in-the-works new movie version of this classic tale of childhood fears and friendship will arrive courtesy of Mama director Andrés Muschietti — and its debut trailer promises a coming-of-age saga of truly nightmarish proportions, thanks to Bill Skarsgård’s sinister clown. Check it out above.

Although King’s novel recounts both its past and present narratives, Muschietti’s film will only concern the kidcentric portion of It, presumably leaving the grown-up action for a possible sequel. In its first promo, we’re introduced to brothers Bill (Jaeden Lieberher) and Georgie (Jackson Robert Scott) Denbrough, the latter of whom loses his paper boat down a Derry, Maine, sewer grate where Pennywise lurks. From there, we get a series of ominous snapshots of floating balloons, blood-spurting sinks, and creepy houses, as well as a sequence in which the Loser’s Club — the collection of outcast adolescents who band together to confront this threat after Georgie’s disappearance — have their clubhouse slideshow chillingly interrupted by the image of the monstrous clown.

In a tweet earlier this month, King himself enthusiastically endorsed Muschietti’s version — a clear attempt to assure fans who feared the novel might not get its proper cinematic due.

If King’s seal of approval didn’t persuade fans, this first look at the movie should. It provides only a few fleeting shots of its signature villain — the last coming after Georgie’s spirit appears to tell Bill that if he joins him in the dark, he’ll float too. With a cast that includes Finn Wolfhard of Stranger Things (which is apt, given how heavily indebted that Netflix show is to the novel), It looks as if it will deliver some serious night terrors when it debuts on Sept. 8.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

That is a really creepy trailer, my expectations were low about this film but that actually looks really good.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
That is a really creepy trailer, my expectations were low about this film but that actually looks really good.
Same, I'm not one for remakes, I find they usually miss the point of the original. But, this might be one of the few exceptions to the rule.

The original wasn't an amazing film, it had basically one really good performance by Tim Curry that made it what it was.

That being said I don't think anything here is going to change my mind on Tim Curry's Pennywise, but I'll gladly watch someone give a good second effort if the rest of the film can be lifted from what it was.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

The original film was rather good. I tend not to like re makes. Having seen the trailer, on this occasion, the film looks worth seeing.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Amazing, a remake trailer that doesn't look like complete trash. Not completely sold on it yet, but I'll be following this one for sure now.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #6
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

This looks pretty cool! I'm intrigued...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #7
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Love the original mini series but this has my attention.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:18 AM   #8
strife87
Spider-Ham

the trailer had my attention. Doesn't look bad.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #9
protector2814
Phoenix

I just remember reading this book back when it came out & not liking it very much. It collapsed under it's own weight about half way through. I consider IT the beginning of King's downward spiral.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #10
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

GOOSE BUMPS!
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote