Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
leplant
Deadman

Flex Payment Cancellation Fees Questions

So, I was looking at my credit card statement, and the return from the Cancelled Predator 2 Statue. There appears to be a discrepancy between my refund and the number/amount I payed in flex payments. So I have a few questions about using the flex payment plans, because apparently I don't entirely understand.

1. If you return based on quality or damage, does Sideshow take a flex payment option fee, or is all your money returned?

2. If Sideshow cancels a product (predator 2) do they keep assosiated flex payment fees.

I did not realize this was even an issue until I started doing a little research, about Sideshow's strange position on flex payment. They seem to be under the impression that taking your money before providing a product is an expensive inconvenience that they are willing to bare on behalf or their cstomers.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
leplant
Deadman

Anyone with info? Has there already been a thread about this? Until today, I didn't know that flex pay cancelations meant losing more than your NRD.

I may have answered my own question. It appears that when an item has an NRD , that takes the place of other cancellation fees.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Just a tip to everyone who chooses to go with any payment plan.....

Read all the rules/info and cancellation fees that the company has before agreeing to anything!

I'm surprised so many people sign on to the flex pay system without reading up on it first. This isn't some itunes update where you just agree to the terms and conditions without reading all the fine print first....it involves your money so I suggest you guys do some research about it beforehand so you won't be dissapointed later on.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
Just a tip to everyone who chooses to go with any payment plan.....

Read all the rules/info and cancellation fees that the company has before agreeing to anything!

I'm surprised so many people sign on to the flex pay system without reading up on it first. This isn't some itunes update where you just agree to the terms and conditions without reading all the fine print first....it involves your money so I suggest you guys do some research about it beforehand so you won't be dissapointed later on.
Guilty as charged
Old 04-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Here's another tip concerning Sideshow's flex pay...

I'm not sure if they have this posted on their website but SS is also able to change the date you chose for your payment plant if you contact them. They told me they could only do this once per order though so if you want to change it choose wisely.

For example I recently put Lobo on flexpay to pay on the 15th of each month but then I decided it would have actually been easier for me to pay on the 20th. I emailed Sideshow and asked them if this change could be done and they told me yes but they could only do it once per order.

So again not sure if they have this on their website (I tried finding it to no luck) but thought it might help some of you out.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

The Flexpay fee (as far as I understood) only applies to statues with NO NRD. If they charge you the NRD and you cancel, you only lose the NRD.
Regarding this specific case... no, you shouldn't suffer any penalty since you didn't cancel your reservation, Sideshow cancelled the whole production of that piece. How much is it the missing amount? And where are you located?
If you're international, the missing money might be due to a different exchange rate. If the amount is not very high, it might be a fee % applied by your credit card's company.

Regardless, I'd shoot them an email with the details. Might be just a mistake on their side.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #7
Python
Omega Red

Pretty sure they refunded my P2 Maquette in full, I'll check tomorrow to be sure though. Sometimes older payments (deposit generally) have issues being refunded it seems. But if you contact them and re-confirm your bank details they will refund it for you.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #8
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
The Flexpay fee (as far as I understood) only applies to statues with NO NRD. If they charge you the NRD and you cancel, you only lose the NRD.
Regarding this specific case... no, you shouldn't suffer any penalty since you didn't cancel your reservation, Sideshow cancelled the whole production of that piece. How much is it the missing amount? And where are you located?
If you're international, the missing money might be due to a different exchange rate. If the amount is not very high, it might be a fee % applied by your credit card's company.

Regardless, I'd shoot them an email with the details. Might be just a mistake on their side.
I live in US. its hard to tell, because when they canceled my order, it also cancelled the order page. I thought I only had one payment left, which would leave my refund short. If I had two, than I am probably fine.