Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 09-19-2006, 12:29 PM   #91
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOne78 View Post
I agree with both the General (yes you are a zombie) & Daywalker. The Yanks can't be blamed for what baseball is today. I blame the owners, fans & general managers.

The owners for mostly for being cheap. The fans for not supporting their teams. The general managers for not making sounds baseball decisions. Money is a factor but does not make a winning team...prime example the worse team money could buy (92 Mets). The Royals, Brewers, Pirates, Reds all had great teams in the past but if you go back through history you will see the their down fall began with management not the Yanks or steriods.

The major mistake in baseball today is that not enough money is being pumped in the minor league scouting & player developement. Greedy owners & general managers need to win now for the greedy win now fans. Look at all the great recent teams in baseball the Braves, Yanks and the thanks to Omar the Mets are finally catching on.

The one thing I hate about baseball today are these new multi-million dollar minor league parks today. The players are much more bigger & faster today than in the past, with or without steriods. The pitching mounds have been lowered 6" inches to give batters the edge because home runs sell and people wonder why pitching for the most part sucks.
Exactly. These owners today don't care about thier team or for the city their in. We need more owners like Steinbrenner. I admitt he might care about winning a bit too much - even with all the money the Yankees make were going to lose some money this year but the point is he cares about winning, the fans and New York. If all he cared about was money he would be at least 3 times richer than he already is.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote