Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-09-2018, 06:55 PM   #11
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I've got a longer reply typed, but not sure I want to post it. Just reopens that whole 'ninja fabric' debate - for what purpose?

So, unless I change my mind on posting it, the short answer to your question is that, no, I probably would not like it any less if it looked more like the prototype.
You can PM me man, I'm not the arguing over opinions type. I own 2 Scorpions: another added after release so I'm of 2 minds but I wouldn't risk it again on a proto.

EDIT My overall point was that the ninjas could be improved upon upon to please more customers without ruining it for those that are sufficiently satisfied.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #12
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You can PM me man, I'm not the arguing over opinions type. I own 2 Scorpions: another added after release so I'm of 2 minds but I wouldn't risk it again on a proto.

EDIT My overall point was that the ninjas could be improved upon upon to please more customers without ruining it for those that are sufficiently satisfied.
I like debating, but I wasn't withholding the post due to you personally. I just know everyone would want to chime in again, and we'd inevitably just go round and round.

Suffice it to say, I think some issues are being conflated when people start to argue different aspects of the topic.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #13
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
I like debating, but I wasn't withholding the post due to you personally. I just know everyone would want to chime in again, and we'd inevitably just go round and round.

Suffice it to say, I think some issues are being conflated when people start to argue different aspects of the topic.
Well for me I'd still be down for a whole Ninja collection that looks like those protos. I do think there's a good chance of it being a modern Ermac.
I'd even say a modern Reptile if it wasn't Mixed Media.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #14
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Wouldn't seem to be a smart move based on the reception to the current ninjas (I happen to like my Scorpion quite a bit though... ).

Even if you trust ant, he could have changed his mind. Probably easy to crank out a couple more palette swaps, and now that he's owner, profitability reigns.

For some reason I think Kung Lao would fit the stage well too. Something about slicing mofos in half on that stage really bringing back the memories...
You're definitely not alone man, and yes i'm in the same boat, every time the ninjas are mentioned it goes straight to fabric, i think at this point everyone knows where people stand on it and it's time to move on a little as it is what it is......

Although i expect a bit of it when more Reptile pics start coming in lol

Just going back to this base, someone has also said Evil Dead Ash? Which is another good shout, i just put MK in the title as i know they have been working on another MK 1/3 and it looked like the living forest but it could easily be another horror piece....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote