Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 04-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #11
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well the good thing is you still have a chance. Although I will warn you this year it's been nothing but grief trying to get this exclusive. Between the number of people vying for the small amount available, and GG's severely lacking servers not being able to handle the traffic. I am just super lucky I got one on the first day.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I'm glad you scored too. Especially given you got hosed on Luke like I did. I really wish GG would work on giving us a bit more advance warning on these.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #13
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well I'm glad you scored too. Especially given you got hosed on Luke like I did. I really wish GG would work on giving us a bit more advance warning on these.
Yup, I still haven't gotten a Luke, bugs me to no end.

You know, they actually did give plenty of notice, and it's almost backfired in a way. Everybody is ready and champing at the bit to get one. It caused a huge cluster---- and fried the servers. So I don't know how good that was. But if GG had prepared with decent servers it would have probably been a different story so...
Old 04-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

They only gave notice to PGM sign ups though. I hadn't completed mine yet so I had no idea. I guess that's on me though.

Re: Luke. Yeah, that would bug me too. I paid $140 for him on the aftermarket. Didn't like it but couldn't live without him, or Han for that matter. Love the McQ offerings and how they've continued putting them out.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #15
Marvelito

Quote:
They only gave notice to PGM sign ups though. I hadn't completed mine yet so I had no idea. I guess that's on me though.
You know what you're right, I think they did give a heads up to everyone that signed up. I immediately came and posted all that info here though.

Quote:
Re: Luke. Yeah, that would bug me too. I paid $140 for him on the aftermarket. Didn't like it but couldn't live without him, or Han for that matter. Love the McQ offerings and how they've continued putting them out.
I'd pay $140 for one right now if I could, they go for $400+ from what I've seen. I was really upset that I didn't get one and figured I'd just wait and get one cheap down the road, ha!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow! Do they really go for that much now? I had no idea. I snagged mine within a month or two of missing the pre-order IIRC. Guess I should consider myself lucky.

I missed your thread/posts as I was out of town and only skimmed the forums until getting back. Same thing happened with me on Luke ironically. So I just noticed all of this today when I dropped into the section looking for clarification on the PGM gift selection. I just wish they'd have said something along the lines of "get your PGM renewed to have access to the SW Celebration Exclsuves next week." Had they done that I'd have payed closer attention and renewed on the 31st despite being on vacation.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #17
Marvelito

Quote:
Wow! Do they really go for that much now? I had no idea. I snagged mine within a month or two of missing the pre-order IIRC. Guess I should consider myself lucky.
Yeah, I had kind of forgotten about it for a while, and then I saw one go for sale at around $350 and couldn't believe it. I started tracking them and I think the lowest I've seen one go for lately was $300 and I think that was over at Rebel Scum's Forums. I think I saw one on eBay right now for $400+.

Quote:
I just wish they'd have said something along the lines of "get your PGM renewed to have access to the SW Celebration Exclsuves next week." Had they done that I'd have payed closer attention and renewed on the 31st despite being on vacation.
I don't know if you saw them or not, but they put out these videos last week that detailed the different tiers and benefits. One of the things they mentioned was to sign up early if you wanted to try to get the Celebration exclusives because they would be going up less than a week after the PGM renewals. I think you're going to have to co-ordinate your travels with GG's release schedule. Remember that around SDCC.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:40 PM   #18
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, seems I'm going to have to be monitoring GG closely around Convention time regardless of my vacation plans.

I watched the video but I guess I missed the part about the Celebration Exclsuives going up just days after the initial PGM launch.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
Marvelito

Well, I should have suspected something when you did chime in about the PGM exclusives or the Celebration exclusives. I'll shoot you a pm next time around.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:50 PM   #20
Marvelito

Here is an update about the next round of ordering for the McQ Han.

PG Members,

Thank you all for your interest in our 2017 Star Wars Celebration exclusives.

Your passion for our two exclusives far exceeded our expectations and the end result was our server couldn’t take all of your love!

We are aware of the issues you experienced yesterday and today with the exclusive sale. We were having the same frustrations on our end trying to keep the website and servers stable, but your fervent page refreshing was too much for the server today and it finally gave up the ghost! We pulled down the convention exclusives this morning and have been working the rest of the day on moving everything to a new, more robust server.

Unfortunately, those changes will take a little time to make sure that everyone can see the site on the new server and we want to make sure it’s a level playing field for our PG members trying to get the exclusives. That, coupled with the fact that many of us leave for Celebration early next week, means we will need to push the last two Premier Guild Star Wars Celebration exclusive sale days until after we get back from the convention. That will also give our IT team some additional time to work on the stability testing so that everyone will have the same opportunity to order from the Premier Guild allocation.
THERE WILL BE NO SALE TOMORROW, FRIDAY 4/6

The new dates and times for the next sales are:

Thursday April 20th 10am PST – Celebration exclusives 24 hour pre-order opportunity open for PLATINUM and GOLD members. While supplies last.

Friday April 21st 10am PST – Celebration exclusives 24 hour pre-order opportunity open for PLATINUM, GOLD and SILVER members. While supplies last.

If you were not able to place an order for any of the allocated items we apologize for time you spent on-line yesterday and today. We tried something different this year with announcing the sale ahead of time instead of surprising you with an email. We were working hard behind the scenes to try to make things run smother and the technology couldn’t keep up with your or our enthusiasm. That is not the customer experience we desire for you all. We are really excited about the new Premier Guild changes this year and we love that you have all signed on early and have loved reading your feedback and enthusiasm for the Premier Guild exclusive gifts for 2017. We think you will really like the membership gifts when they arrive. We should have all of them on display at Celebration and we can’t wait for you to see them as well as the other new product reveals we have planned at Celebration and San Diego Comic Con.
Thank you for your patience in this process. We are still streamlining our new tiered system and we are taking your feedback seriously. We hope to see many of you next week at Star Wars Celebration.