Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #91
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
you guys really should have had the spooktacular event go til tomorrow. after all its Halloween.
Halloween notoriously didn't work for most folks participating at home since people were busy getting ready for trick or treating/spending time with friends and/or family. So now everyone has the time to spend with loved ones on Halloween instead of hitting the refresh button all day.

Plus, even though Spooktacular will be over, that doesn't mean some more announcements/Pre-Orders couldn't during normal release times for Thursdays.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #92
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yeah i figured as much. but here in my area we celebrate Halloween the day before the actual day of Halloween. so could have been home hitting the refresh button all day..
just like i did tonight running to the door and passing out candy and then running back to my comp to make sure i didn't miss anything..
i gotta say though. this years spooktacular event was the best ever i have to say. was loads of fun.
thanks SS. and you too SSA.
im still hoping this even will go out with a bang promotion code wise.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #93
Loops
Kindly Asked To Leave

M0N5T3RZ30, up for 10 mins and it expired

It was actually expired the moment it went up.

Last edited by Loops; 10-30-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: more info
Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #94
DynamicMenace

thats not fair. NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
please reinstate it SS please. whats up with that?
Old 10-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #95
DynamicMenace

hey SSA, and better yet Igo if your lurking around. i would actually like for you to answer this question for i believe you would be in the know and actually would be better suited to answer this question.
what are your thoughts on SS having a model kit line of their very own for the many licenses that they own? meaning having one model kit line for each license that they own. say in 1/5th scale and or 1/4 scale that would be unique to that particular line and license. your sculptors sculpting the model and then you producing kits for all the modelers out there and even for your regular customers as well. i think this would be a great way for you to increase your sales and in turn draw in the modelers community of customers who would be interested in purchasing.
this way your you wouldn't really have to worry about QC as much with the ES's painted statues and that would cut down on returns or discounts and such. plus this would be a great way for your customers to get that professional paint app (like your prototypes) or if they are a modeler to do it them selves and give the kit the paint job/scheme that they want it to have. just would be pretty cool to see you guys do this. i guarantee you guys would have no problem selling them. yo8 could even keep the production run at a low number to to insure you sell out. for im sure you would have no problem of doing.
make it happen Igo. you know the garage kit industry is huge. you guys should tap into that. :thymbs2:
Old 10-31-2013, 01:16 AM   #96
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Alex

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm wondering what's up with Mara Jade from Star Wars??

We first heard about her in 2010, confirmed that she would be based off of Adam Hughes art in 2011, and last heard from Sideshow in 2012 that she was still having things "being ironed out..." There's been nothing said about her in all of 2013 so far =(

Can you update us with any information? We're not even sure if she was going to be made as a PF or a Comiquette. Did she ever make it far enough to be sculpted, or was she only ever in the planning stages? Do you have any idea if she would have had a switch out hand so she could hold a lightsaber (her art only had her hilt hanging from her belt)?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AH-Mara-Jade.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	81169  
DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:19 AM   #97
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Can you tell us any info regarding this Crimson variant Baroness PF that a few members have spotted on the Classic Baroness box.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #98
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
hey SSA, and better yet Igo if your lurking around. i would actually like for you to answer this question for i believe you would be in the know and actually would be better suited to answer this question.
what are your thoughts on SS having a model kit line of their very own for the many licenses that they own? meaning having one model kit line for each license that they own. say in 1/5th scale and or 1/4 scale that would be unique to that particular line and license. your sculptors sculpting the model and then you producing kits for all the modelers out there and even for your regular customers as well. i think this would be a great way for you to increase your sales and in turn draw in the modelers community of customers who would be interested in purchasing.
this way your you wouldn't really have to worry about QC as much with the ES's painted statues and that would cut down on returns or discounts and such. plus this would be a great way for your customers to get that professional paint app (like your prototypes) or if they are a modeler to do it them selves and give the kit the paint job/scheme that they want it to have. just would be pretty cool to see you guys do this. i guarantee you guys would have no problem selling them. yo8 could even keep the production run at a low number to to insure you sell out. for im sure you would have no problem of doing.
make it happen Igo. you know the garage kit industry is huge. you guys should tap into that. :thymbs2:
Garage kits are where Sideshow started almost 20 years ago. Many folks at Sideshow are still huge model kit fans as well. As of now though, there are no plans to return back to model kits but who knows what the future might bring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm wondering what's up with Mara Jade from Star Wars??

We first heard about her in 2010, confirmed that she would be based off of Adam Hughes art in 2011, and last heard from Sideshow in 2012 that she was still having things "being ironed out..." There's been nothing said about her in all of 2013 so far =(

Can you update us with any information? We're not even sure if she was going to be made as a PF or a Comiquette. Did she ever make it far enough to be sculpted, or was she only ever in the planning stages? Do you have any idea if she would have had a switch out hand so she could hold a lightsaber (her art only had her hilt hanging from her belt)?

Thanks!
I actually have no news to give on this project. I know that she was a confirmed as in progress item but do not know where she lives in the pipeline or if she ended up being sculpted/painted/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Can you tell us any info regarding this Crimson variant Baroness PF that a few members have spotted on the Classic Baroness box.

The only info I have to share is that this is indeed an upcoming product that will be available for order in the near future. :-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #99
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Garage kits are where Sideshow started almost 20 years ago. Many folks at Sideshow are still huge model kit fans as well. As of now though, there are no plans to return back to model kits but who knows what the future might bring!
well, SS should make plans on doing them. if thats where they started then they def should go back to their roots. doing kits would benefit everyone. SS and their customers. i know that i and many others wish they would do it.
come on Igo i know your reading this. make it happen man. if anyone can its you.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #100
SONICobra
Batman

hey alex just preordered the apocalypse pf - amazing piece, but do you think theres any chance of still including the second head sculpt martin did?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote