Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-31-2020, 08:10 PM   #61
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Another great Stargirl episode! No action at all, but some excellent character development. I felt bad for Courtney in this one and was happy to see Pat put the smack down on her dead beat dad...what a loser.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #62
built2shred
Phoenix

I didn't realize the actress that plays Courtney is 21 years old, I thought she was 15 or 16 based on her looks... even crazier is the actress that plays Wildcat is 28 years old... not sure how that will play out if the series goes on for several years...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:54 PM   #63
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I didn't realize the actress that plays Courtney is 21 years old, I thought she was 15 or 16 based on her looks... even crazier is the actress that plays Wildcat is 28 years old... not sure how that will play out if the series goes on for several years...
Yeah, Tom Welling was 24 when he started high school in Smallville and 11 years later he was 35 when he graduated from high school, so it's been done before...LOL...
Old 08-08-2020, 06:49 PM   #64
built2shred
Phoenix

Those costumes look really lame on those kids It's not like those costumes hide their identity, a blind man could tell who they were...

Maybe next season they'll update them to be a bit more modern...
Old 08-13-2020, 10:50 PM   #65
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

So, Stargirl season one is now in the books and I really enjoyed it. There were definitely some things I didn't like in the finale such as Hourman putting a beat down on Solomon Grundy, like that could ever happen.

But, overall I really enjoyed this series...much more than I have Titans, which I haven't liked much at all to be honest. So far, Swamp Thing and Stargirl have been great IMO.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:21 PM   #66
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
So, Stargirl season one is now in the books and I really enjoyed it. There were definitely some things I didn't like in the finale such as Hourman putting a beat down on Solomon Grundy, like that could ever happen.

But, overall I really enjoyed this series...much more than I have Titans, which I haven't liked much at all to be honest. So far, Swamp Thing and Stargirl have been great IMO.
Stargirl was solid, meaning it didn't get any worse or better but stayed at a solid 7/10, I overlooked the cheesy factor as its target is more teens than adults but overall I thought it was good.

Titans is hit-and-miss with each episode, some episodes are 9/10 others are like 4/10
Old 08-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #67
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I really enjoyed Stargirl. It had a lot of easter eggs and like built2shred said it was solid throughout. My favorite of the DC shows so far other than Doom Patrol. Doom Patrol is the Marvels Legion of the DC Universe.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote