Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #1281
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think they did listen to feedback. When they revealed Psylocke initially a lot of idiot collectors started the " it's a man" joke. And I think they took it a bit too far. It saturated statue groups for a while. People adding beards to the portrait, etc. I guess we can blame those morons for this new headsculpt. People didn't like the pretty Psylocke portrait, but like the ugly XM Scarlet Witch one? Weird crowd.
Smh, Always a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. SS will take a hit in sales and collectors lose out on what would’ve been an amazing statue. I’ve always thought that one day, one day these people are gonna ruin something good, just didn’t think it would be psylocke.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:07 AM   #1282
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Maybe the new head will look better with more photos. The first head was criticized to no end when the one photo was released.

I just want the original portrait, i don't care how the new one looks from different angles. Without the original its a no buy for me.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #1283
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I just want the original portrait, i could careless if the new one looks good or better from different angles. Without the original its a no buy for me.
Completely understandable. Having swapout portraits is pretty much an industry standard. Sideshow can’t even use the “we ran out of time” excuse this time. Sigh...my favorite collectible company.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #1284
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Completely understandable. Having swapout portraits is pretty much an industry standard. Sideshow can’t even use the “we ran out of time” excuse this time. Sigh...my favorite collectible company.
Right! Seems a no brainer just to have both. SS is my favorite company too, but sometimes....
Old 09-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #1285
French Cancan
Deadman

PSYLOCKE

FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS....

French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:32 AM   #1286
iceprince_x
Deadman

Why Sideshow? Why?
iceprince_x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #1287
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
I just want the original portrait, i don't care how the new one looks from different angles. Without the original its a no buy for me.

Quote:
Right! Seems a no brainer just to have both. SS is my favorite company too, but sometimes....

right there with ya brother
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #1288
dechirico7
The Flash

I don't even want that new portrait.
I just want the original.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #1289
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think they did listen to feedback. When they revealed Psylocke initially a lot of idiot collectors started the " it's a man" joke. And I think they took it a bit too far. It saturated statue groups for a while. People adding beards to the portrait, etc. I guess we can blame those morons for this new headsculpt. People didn't like the pretty Psylocke portrait, but like the ugly XM Scarlet Witch one? Weird crowd.
Guys i'm as disappointed if not more so then anyone here. But the name calling? dechirico7 you just called XM's Scarlet Witch ugly. Some collectors here like that portrait, so if XM like Sideshow decide to randomly change it because of your comments are you a moron?

Quote:
Smh, Always a few idiots that ruin it for everyone. SS will take a hit in sales and collectors lose out on what would’ve been an amazing statue. I’ve always thought that one day, one day these people are gonna ruin something good, just didn’t think it would be psylocke.
And Crim you don't like Rogue's portrait, while some do. If Sideshow changes that because of your feedback are you an idiot?

I'm not looking for an argument here, you both are good members whos opinions i take on board, but if we are going to start name calling over this at least be somewhat self-aware.

For the record i made three(3) negative comments before SDCC everything after that was overwhelmingly positive.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #1290
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Guys i'm as disappointed if not more so then anyone here. But the name calling? dechirico7 you just called XM's Scarlet Witch ugly. Some collectors here like that portrait, so if XM like Sideshow decide to randomly change it because of your comments are you a moron?

And Crim you don't like Rogue's portrait, while some do. If Sideshow changes that because of your feedback are you an idiot?

I'm not looking for an argument here, you both are good members whos opinions i take on board, but if we are going to start name calling over this at least be somewhat self-aware.

For the record i made three(3) negative comments before SDCC everything after that was overwhelmingly positive.
I am going to stick with my XM Scarlet Witch comments.
Sorry, but that portrait is not pretty (avoiding "ugly") and a huge step back for the company.
I even think this new Psylocke portrait is better.
I can't see how any tweak to that SW would make it worse than it is.

And I am sticking with "morons," regarding the collectors posting bearded photos of the Psylocke portraits.

Sorry to disappoint.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote