Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-26-2019, 09:25 AM   #11
French Cancan
Deadman

Incredible.
If they make a Gadot WW, which I hope they'll do, The P1 WW and her wig will be rapidly forgotten.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #12
pdenham
Teen Titans

They've already teased a Gadot WW bust, though I think many (most?) of us would prefer a full figure at half scale to a bust at 1:1.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #13
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
They've already teased a Gadot WW bust, though I think many (most?) of us would prefer a full figure at half scale to a bust at 1:1.
I know I would.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
pdenham
Teen Titans

If they kick out a Gadot at this level of quality, but bust only, it's going to be frustrating and nerve wracking.

I've passed on every single Gadot statue out there, despite that property being at the top of my wish list. So far nothing I've seen has done it for me. That includes the Ultimate Prime One 1/3 which I was briefly on the waitlist for.
The only thing that has come close so far (for me) is probably the $3500 1/4 scale horse dio which is just too damn big to seriously consider.

For some reason, Gadot's likeness has been incredibly difficult for artists here to fully nail. It's possible with these pieces showing up after the first film is now easily available on video to study frame by frame, that the quality of likeness for products hitting around the second film's release will be upped considerably.

That's my hope anyway.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #15
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The likeness is incredibly good. As mentioned its kinda scary because it looks so lifelike lol. Unfotunately I just don't have the room for this and already bought the T800 bust they did this year.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #16
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I hope they make Cavill's Superman. While I'm adding things to my wish list, how about a Reeve Superman as well?
Already brought that up for full torso with arms and S shield life size busts for both guys and the 1/2 would be awesome as I have the 1/2 prime statues and the week link is in the superman. The way they tinted the resin it looks so fake and shinny and sculpted hair next to wonder woman with real hair, they just dropped the ball on it. I think queen will do both and knock them out of the park and I think at a cheaper price based on what Ive seen so far. You really get alot from them for thier pricing.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:43 AM   #17
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Already brought that up for full torso with arms and S shield life size busts for both guys and the 1/2 would be awesome as I have the 1/2 prime statues and the week link is in the superman. The way they tinted the resin it looks so fake and shinny and sculpted hair next to wonder woman with real hair, they just dropped the ball on it. I think queen will do both and knock them out of the park and I think at a cheaper price based on what Ive seen so far. You really get alot from them for thier pricing.
Superman 1/2 skin looks great on mine, (of course no 2 are identical) and very short hair on him would be almost impossible to get right without being sculpted. I have WW also and it does not look out of place next to her at all.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:44 AM   #18
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
If they kick out a Gadot at this level of quality, but bust only, it's going to be frustrating and nerve wracking.

I've passed on every single Gadot statue out there, despite that property being at the top of my wish list. So far nothing I've seen has done it for me. That includes the Ultimate Prime One 1/3 which I was briefly on the waitlist for.
The only thing that has come close so far (for me) is probably the $3500 1/4 scale horse dio which is just too damn big to seriously consider.

For some reason, Gadot's likeness has been incredibly difficult for artists here to fully nail. It's possible with these pieces showing up after the first film is now easily available on video to study frame by frame, that the quality of likeness for products hitting around the second film's release will be upped considerably.

That's my hope anyway.
You didn't care for the 1/2 P1?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:00 AM   #19
M United
The Spirit

1/2 scale WW is pretty amazing not perfect but not that far off.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:21 AM   #20
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You didn't care for the 1/2 P1?
I haven't seen it in person so I'm only going by posted pics.
The figure itself looks great. The likeness is certainly good, but not jaw dropping amazing that I've seen. At least not enough so to make me want to consider laying out that kind of money. YMMV, of course.

To my eyes, there's no question this Momoa Aquaman is a whole 'nother level or two beyond any of those P1 1/2 scales.
It means little if they can't translate it to production pieces though.
If they can...