Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #21
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

TY Moon for looking into it. I guess if I get a "buy it now" from a new account I'll have to roll the dice. Or pretend I broke it and delist.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #22
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Does it help as the seller to put in something like, "sold as is" or "no refunds / returns"?

Then when the buyer ask for a refund, you can point how the bought it knowing that wasnt (or shouldnt be) an option.

Sort of like how if you do not read. As see a cool ad for a boat or car for 100 bucks...then the buyer doesnt read and ends up buying a 100 dollar picture of said item.

Or does your "description" not really matter in the end with these types of cases?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #23
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Does it help as the seller to put in something like, "sold as is" or "no refunds / returns"?

Then when the buyer ask for a refund, you can point how the bought it knowing that wasnt (or shouldnt be) an option.

Sort of like how if you do not read. As see a cool ad for a boat or car for 100 bucks...then the buyer doesnt read and ends up buying a 100 dollar picture of said item.

Or does your "description" not really matter in the end with these types of cases?
Luckily I haven't ever had any eBay returns yet, but according to YouTube videos, selecting "no returns" or "as is" tends not to matter. eBay is very buyer friendly.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #24
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

Quote:

No it will not matter. Ebay will take the "buyers" side 100% of the times. And you will have to pay to ship it back to you. Yes! you will pay to have it shipped to you.

selling on eBay is very hostile
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #25
Gothamite
Phoenix

Again...

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....03&postcount=2
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:56 PM   #26
MegatronG1
The X-Men

You're not forced to take a return. First, be as clear as possible in the description about it, and provide enough photos to avoid an "item not as described". Then, make the buyer feel really stupid (politely, heh) for not reading the description and not holding up their end of the contract. If they don't accept being unable to return, escalate with a partial refund. They usually take it. Hidden cost of doing business on ebay, and has resulted in keeping a perfect feedback.

If they hint at any form of a buyers' remorse, nail them on that in the resolution center.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

Just a FYI....

Ebay is starting to collect sales tax for certain states, even if the seller and buyer are in different states.... For example anyone living in Washington State has to pay sales tax on anything they buy on Ebay…. It started Jan. 1, 2019...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #28
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:

eBay policies have changed (at least in the states). Any listing has to include 14 day, or more common 30 day returns. It is basically eBay trying to be more buyer friendly and compete with actual brick and mortar businesses. The 14 day returns only apply to a small amount of categories. The 30 day returns apply to most items. If you do not include returns on your listing expect eBay to eventually remove it if you don't update the listing. This happened to me on two listings I had posted before the policy change.

As far as returns on eBay goes yes it is almost always the buyer who gets what they want. I would say 99.9% of the time the buyer will get their money back no matter what evidence the seller has. One thing to note for sellers, if you have an issue respond to eBay through their social media profiles on twitter or facebook. They tend to respond and are more helpful towards sellers than just submitting a case through eBay itself, which almost always results in the buyer getting a refund and the seller getting screwed.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #29
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Selling on ebay sucks now. The buyer has you by the balls. Seller has no power. I hope I never have to sell on ebay again.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Selling on ebay sucks now. The buyer has you by the balls. Seller has no power. I hope I never have to sell on ebay again.
Think of it like Costco. They will take back anything, regardless of condition. Buyer could have broke it , didn’t like the color, whatever and Costco will take it back. The buyer has all the power. I love Costco.