CommanderZx2
Hellboy

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...t-said-be-mess

To no one's surprise...
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #992
Spideristic
Kingpin

Yep, that was reported last week (Jan 16) on page 98. Now to wait and see how much of real damage is actually done.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #993
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Shocker. F'n momo's. I hope they have to scrap that garbage.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #994
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

fox is so clueless lmao the backlash when this movie comes out will be unparallelled
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #995
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Yep, that was reported last week (Jan 16) on page 98. Now to wait and see how much of real damage is actually done.
The biggest damage might be Disney taking the keys away from Trank for the Star Wars he is tapped to direct thus far.

If the rumored shenanigans at the house and drug use on set are true on top of FF failing it could be catastrophic for his career.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #996
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The biggest damage might be Disney taking the keys away from Trank for the Star Wars he is tapped to direct thus far.

If the rumored shenanigans at the house and drug use on set are true on top of FF failing it could be catastrophic for his career.

The director of this FF debacle was only born in 1985? I have pots older than him... Man, I am getting old... I was reading and enjoying Byrne's stellar run on the FF before this director was even born.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #997
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

I truly hope that they dump this farce.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #998
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
The director of this FF debacle was only born in 1985? I have pots older than him... Man, I am getting old... I was reading and enjoying Byrne's stellar run on the FF before this director was even born.
I'm sure I'm a lot older than you, because the Byrne run on the FF happened when I was an adult. the Byrne run was my all time fav FF ever. It really is sad to see someone like a Josh Trank just take a property and seemingly do their best to ruin it. This pathetic movie is "Tranking" already and it hasn't even been released yet. Maybe it'll be a direct to DVD release...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:56 PM   #999
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
fox is so clueless lmao the backlash when this movie comes out will be unparallelled
Can you imagine it coming out and actually being really good?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:34 PM   #1000
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Uggh. This whole thing has been such a mess. Two studios fighting it out and the core fans getting screwed in the process. I'm hoping it's just an aberration on the Fantastic Four brand, the license reverts back and the team is rebooted. And even if that does happen, it's just a pain in the ass that at best it will take four years to finally get a decent Fantastic Four movie on the big screen -- that's provided this movie tanks, FOX throws in the towel, the negotiations go relatively quickly and smoothly and Marvel actually gets behind fast tracking a reboot when they've already got a full slate. Plus knowing Fox they will act like d!ckheads, make ridiculous demands like asking for Iron Man or some big pile of money and try to drag out the process. They could even wait until the very last minute of their contract option to let it lapse. But the worst thing would be if this abomination of the FF finds an audience and pulls in a decent haul. It could happen. 95% of the audience won't know or won't care about cannon, and the international market can surprise. So I wouldn't start planning the demise just yet. And you know if it does hit Fox will be walking around smug as a bug and Marvel will actually be trying to figure out what to do with the comic.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote