Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #111
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionHeart717 View Post
There's a good chance it will still be available by the time they start shipping. The Tomb Raider statue went on pre order in December I think, and there are still exclusives available, despite it shipping late next month.
I'm hoping so. Keep coming back to check him out. Don't want to pull the trigger until I see some in hand pics. Plus like I said never played the game, so one of the rare occasions where I buy something based on looks and design, and not the strength of the character. This guy looks gnarly!

EDIT: Plus I see MrYac is interested, so that seals the deal!
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:10 AM   #112
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'd say you have a pretty fair chance, other than the big two fighters (Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat) gaming statues rarely sell out anywhere near as quick as something like a Marvel or DC piece might, as each individual piece tends to have a far more niche appeal, with usually just the hardcore fans going for them.

However once they are all gone, many of the best ones do tend to be quite hard to get after the fact on the secondary market due to that same niche appeal factor, as those who buy in on these pieces don't tend to sell them on as much, and most characters rarely get a statue upgrade...or at least not one based on the same version and same game.

Also, if the EX isn't a big deal to you then worst case scenario you should still be able to find a regular pretty easily after release, though doing so you'll miss the pre-order discounts.

Whatever you choose, best of luck to you.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #113
RadicalThrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
I'd say you have a pretty fair chance, other than the big two fighters (Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat) gaming statues rarely sell out anywhere near as quick as something like a Marvel or DC piece might, as each individual piece tends to have a far more niche appeal, with usually just the hardcore fans going for them.

However once they are all gone, many of the best ones do tend to be quite hard to get after the fact on the secondary market due to that same niche appeal factor, as those who buy in on these pieces don't tend to sell them on as much, and most characters rarely get a statue upgrade...or at least not one based on the same version and same game.

Also, if the EX isn't a big deal to you then worst case scenario you should still be able to find a regular pretty easily after release, though doing so you'll miss the pre-order discounts.

Whatever you choose, best of luck to you.
sounds like solid advice, thanks dude!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #114
dao2
Cyclops

The EX might sell out, but I doubt the regular will ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #115
RadicalThrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The EX might sell out, but I doubt the regular will ><
The difference is just the switch out gun? So the REG. Just comes with the sniper rifle? I guess I'd be cool with that, but like the idea of having both guns.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #116
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah the EX has the assault rifle.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #117
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quite a lot of people have been asking that question, so it would be good if they had a low quantity indicator on the site or something. Or maybe a newsletter that lets people know that stocks are running low so they can jump on it before it runs out.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #118
RadicalThrasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Quite a lot of people have been asking that question, so it would be good if they had a low quantity indicator on the site or something. Or maybe a newsletter that lets people know that stocks are running low so they can jump on it before it runs out.
Yeah that would be cool, I used to use my magic 8 ball to answer these kind of questions, but I lost it.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:04 AM   #119
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I know everyone's financial situation is different, but pre-ordering now makes a lot of sense especially if you want the Exclusive! I've opted for their payment scheme, and they're not charging cards until the statue is ready to ship.

The other reason to NOT sit on the fence! Gaming Heads needs to know that this line will sell well, forum jibba jabba excitement is all good, but money is the lifeblood of the system!!! Sideshow had their chance and they royally f'd it up, probably to the point where those a-holes will interpret the bad sales as a lack of interest in the line rather than any poor judgement on their part.

Regardless, it looks like GH is doing this right! So by supporting we prove to them (and SS) that there is massive interest and its worth them pumping out more characters. Who knows, if GH is successful, it might be the wake up call that SS needs to reevaluate their stance on Mass Effect (a bit like the battle between GG and SS over Marvel)......competition is never bad.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:09 AM   #120
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It'd be good if they had a website that allowed you to easily view what you've put in your cart if you leave that page after adding something....

Seriously though, they do need a web overhaul, and quite badly.

On the upside, for us international peeps, their quoted shipping costs are very reasonable.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote