Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-03-2015, 06:49 AM   #21
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

So i just ordered Jubilee so it appears she will be my first. I hope she blows me away.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #22
dechirico7
The Flash

I've been collecting bishoujos since they were still producing them in the smaller scale. I haven't had any problems with mine. I don't live in an overly hot region though. If you love collecting female pieces and don't have a ton of money. These are the way to go. They might be small and made out of pvc, but they make a punch. They really are bright and dynamic, really make an awesome display.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #23
mrslick32
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
So i just ordered Jubilee so it appears she will be my first. I hope she blows me away.
I love the Jubilee bishoujo and I'm sure you'll do too. I tried to recreate the original artwork and it looks great. I got the idea from a fellow member. You can check out the pics on the Jubilee bishoujo thread.
mrslick32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:45 AM   #24
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslick32 View Post
I love the Jubilee bishoujo and I'm sure you'll do too. I tried to recreate the original artwork and it looks great. I got the idea from a fellow member. You can check out the pics on the Jubilee bishoujo thread.
I saw your pics and she looks great! Very impressive!!!

On a side note I wonder when BBTS will be getting Juri in. I have her PO'd as well...
Old 04-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #25
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I just jumped on board the Bishoujo train myself. I have been on the fence about this line for quite some time, but I finally pulled the trigger and ordered Huntress, Psylocke, Batwoman, Batgirl, Starfire, Spider-Woman, and pre ordered Zatanna. I just received them Friday morning and they really are very cool. Batwoman is definitely my favorite thus far.

I was thinking about getting Wonder Woman and Jubilee but I was really underwhelmed with those 2 and this not a line I plan on completing. I will only buy the pieces I really like and I am definitely not spending $150-$300 on older pieces. that's just too much money for me. I would rather buy a premium format Sideshow statue than an older PVC Bishoujo. I will definitely stick with new releases and any re-releases they produce, like Batgirl.

Ultimately, I just really like how unique they are. With so many different lines of super hero statues, its just nice to see a different take from time to time. the Bombshell statue collection is another line that is really unique, but I just really don't care for that line at all. It feels a bit cheesy to me.

I am really not worried about the fact that their PVC. We have central air and keep our house around 68 in the summer. Plus I'm an AVID user of desiccant's. I literally have hundreds of various desiccant containers that I keep all over the place. I use them in my camera cases, my lens cases, my lighting cases, my negative cabinets, my statue cabinets, my boxes with various collectibles, and I even use larger ones for the rooms I store my collectibles in. I am basically a desiccant junkie and I check them regularly to make sure they aren't saturated.

My 2 favorite are the Pelican 1500D, which is great for boxes and cases, and the Hydrosorbent 750 gram unit, which I use for entire rooms. the 750 gram model is rated for 57 cubic feet. I double up and use 2 of them in each of my collectible rooms just to be safe.

What most people don't realize is that consistency is the most important factor when it comes to environmental conditions when dealing with art and collectibles. Fluctuations in environmental conditions is where you start running into problems. In other words, going from warm to cold, humid to dry, etc. You want to maintain as consistent of an environment as possible. In other words, its better to store your collectibles in a room thats a consistent 75F with 50% RH than it is to store them in a room that has temperatures that vary from 65-75F and a RH that varies from 30-50%.

Ideally temperatures should remain 68 degrees F or lower with a relative humidity (RH) of roughly 30% to 50%. Fluctuations should not exceed +/- 5 degrees F in temperature, and +/- 3% relative humidity within a 24 hour period. Of course, those are optimal conditions and might be very difficult, or even impossible for some people to achieve. Whatever the conditions you store your collectibles in, just try and make it as consistent as possible.

I use a hygrometer, which measures humidity levels, to monitor the overall level of humidity and as long as I keep an eye on my desiccant containers and switch them out when they are saturated, I am able to maintain an RH of roughly 35%, on a consistent basis and the best part about desiccant's is that they are cheap, very easy to maintain, and can be used time and time again. As soon as they get saturated with moisture, you just stick them in the oven for a bit and they are ready to be used all over again. Some of the Pelican desiccant containers I own have been used well over 75+ times and are still working to this day.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #26
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
My concern is that these aren't built for the long term...

If the quality dictated that these would last then I'd be less concerned about collecting.
I still have a massive spawn collection believe me you will be fine.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:06 PM   #27
built2shred
Phoenix

There's a reason why environmentalist don't want plastic in landfills It takes 500 years to decompose, I think your PVC statues will outlast your life span...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #28
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I just jumped on board the Bishoujo train myself. I have been on the fence about this line for quite some time, but I finally pulled the trigger and ordered Huntress, Psylocke, Batwoman, Batgirl, Starfire, Spider-Woman, and pre ordered Zatanna. I just received them Friday morning and they really are very cool. Batwoman is definitely my favorite thus far.

I was thinking about getting Wonder Woman and Jubilee but I was really underwhelmed with those 2 and this not a line I plan on completing. I will only buy the pieces I really like and I am definitely not spending $150-$300 on older pieces. that's just too much money for me. I would rather buy a premium format Sideshow statue than an older PVC Bishoujo. I will definitely stick with new releases and any re-releases they produce, like Batgirl.

Ultimately, I just really like how unique they are. With so many different lines of super hero statues, its just nice to see a different take from time to time. the Bombshell statue collection is another line that is really unique, but I just really don't care for that line at all. It feels a bit cheesy to me.

I am really not worried about the fact that their PVC. We have central air and keep our house around 68 in the summer. Plus I'm an AVID user of desiccant's. I literally have hundreds of various desiccant containers that I keep all over the place. I use them in my camera cases, my lens cases, my lighting cases, my negative cabinets, my statue cabinets, my boxes with various collectibles, and I even use larger ones for the rooms I store my collectibles in. I am basically a desiccant junkie and I check them regularly to make sure they aren't saturated.

My 2 favorite are the Pelican 1500D, which is great for boxes and cases, and the Hydrosorbent 750 gram unit, which I use for entire rooms. the 750 gram model is rated for 57 cubic feet. I double up and use 2 of them in each of my collectible rooms just to be safe.

What most people don't realize is that consistency is the most important factor when it comes to environmental conditions when dealing with art and collectibles. Fluctuations in environmental conditions is where you start running into problems. In other words, going from warm to cold, humid to dry, etc. You want to maintain as consistent of an environment as possible. In other words, its better to store your collectibles in a room thats a consistent 75F with 50% RH than it is to store them in a room that has temperatures that vary from 65-75F and a RH that varies from 30-50%.

Ideally temperatures should remain 68 degrees F or lower with a relative humidity (RH) of roughly 30% to 50%. Fluctuations should not exceed +/- 5 degrees F in temperature, and +/- 3% relative humidity within a 24 hour period. Of course, those are optimal conditions and might be very difficult, or even impossible for some people to achieve. Whatever the conditions you store your collectibles in, just try and make it as consistent as possible.

I use a hygrometer, which measures humidity levels, to monitor the overall level of humidity and as long as I keep an eye on my desiccant containers and switch them out when they are saturated, I am able to maintain an RH of roughly 35%, on a consistent basis and the best part about desiccant's is that they are cheap, very easy to maintain, and can be used time and time again. As soon as they get saturated with moisture, you just stick them in the oven for a bit and they are ready to be used all over again. Some of the Pelican desiccant containers I own have been used well over 75+ times and are still working to this day.
That...all sounds very confusing...

Anyway I'm not going to worry about it. I live in Socal so humidity isn't a worry, and even though the summers can be hot and the winters can be cold I'm sure the pieces will be fine.

BTW, where did you get Psylocke from? And which version is she?
Old 04-07-2015, 03:35 AM   #29
enigmatikone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:

If I had to guess it would probably have to be the newer X-Force version, because he stated earlier he's not going to spend $200+ for a bishoujo that the first version goes for these days.
enigmatikone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:33 AM   #30
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
That...all sounds very confusing...

Anyway I'm not going to worry about it. I live in Socal so humidity isn't a worry, and even though the summers can be hot and the winters can be cold I'm sure the pieces will be fine.

Its really not that confusing. Basically, the most important thing is making sure the environment you store your collectibles in is consistent. You don't want the temperature and humidity to change on a regular basis. Changes in humidity and temperature cause shrinking and swelling of various substances and materials and that is where people start running into problems.

As long as you keep the overall conditions consistent, you shouldn't have any problems. Humidity is usually the one people have a more difficult time controlling and again, that is very easily rectified by using desiccants. their extremely cheap, very easy to use and work extremely well.

I take this topic a bit more seriously than most, but that is more due to my photography equipment and negatives than my collectibles. I have invested a ton of money into photography equipment and humidity is photography equipments worst enemy. So I really learned the ins and outs of controlling humidity and temperature and once I did....well, it just made sense to take the same approach with my collectibles. Again, its really not difficult. All thats really required is buying some desiccants and checking them on a regular basis.

As for Psylocke, I got her on Amazon and she is definitely the newer version as she only cost around $70 bucks.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote