Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #31
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

See I don't even know what a desiccant is... But I'm assuming it is a humidity thing.

Is your Psylocke the blue or black version? I want to get the blue version but she's crazy expensive.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:34 PM   #32
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
See I don't even know what a desiccant is... But I'm assuming it is a humidity thing.

Is your Psylocke the blue or black version? I want to get the blue version but she's crazy expensive.
A desiccant is basically a moisture absorbent. Ever buy a pair of shoes and have a little packet of some kind of granular thing inside? Or maybe that funky little pack labeled "DO NOT EAT" that comes in packages of some food? Those would be desiccant.
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #33
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

Its the X-force Black version. Yeah, I probably would have preferred the blue as well, but as I said before, there is no way I am spending $150 to $300 on these statues, especially given the fact that they aren't officially limited editions and numbered. If they were numbered and it was a relatively decent edition size (1000 to 1500 or lower), I would be much more open to spending that kind of money.

And you would be surprised how few people know what a desiccant is. Most people have seen them (the tiny white packets that come packaged in various products), but very few people know what they are called.

Here is a picture of the Pelican desiccant that I mentioned before.

Its basically 2 inches x 4 inches and is perfect for small cabinets and cases. I use them in all of my photography and lighting cases, in my safes, my statue cabinets, various boxes that hold misc. collectibles, and even in my comic boxes that hold my really valuable comics. All you do is take it out of the package and put it where you want it. All thats required is that you check it from time to time, to make sure its not saturated with water. the little circle in the middle changes color when it becomes saturated. When it does, you just throw it in the oven at 300 for 3 hours and its ready to be used again.

I own a bunch of extra's so I usually wait until I have 10 or more that are saturated and then put all of them on a cookie sheet and put them in the over together. that way your not running the oven for 3 hours for just a single desiccant container. You can usually find them for $10-$13 each. Considering they last forever and can be reused as many times as needed, that's pretty inexpensive. And considering how much money we spend on our collectibles...well, its a small price to pay to ensure they stay in great condition. Some of my Pelican 1500D containers are over 10 year old and have been used roughly 60-70 times.

Here is a picture of the 750g model, which I use for entire rooms.

This model measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds. These usually run anywhere from $15 to $18 and again are good for entire rooms.

So again, its really not complicated. Just buy a few of these desiccant containers, stick them where you need them, and check them on a regular basis. I check mine once a week. that is all that's required to keep a decent handle on overall humidity.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #34
built2shred
Phoenix

I Decided to sell my Bishoujo collection again lol... well first time the buyer back out after offering to buy my whole collection, his wife wasn't so thrilled about the statues... So I was a nice guy and refunded him his payment before I shipped anything out...

I put Catwoman up for $300 on Ebay and sold in 15 mins... ugh I knew I should of put her up for more lol...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:26 AM   #35
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I Decided to sell my Bishoujo collection again lol... well first time the buyer back out after offering to buy my whole collection, his wife wasn't so thrilled about the statues... So I was a nice guy and refunded him his payment before I shipped anything out...

I put Catwoman up for $300 on Ebay and sold in 15 mins... ugh I knew I should of put her up for more lol... But I'm more then happy with $300 since I only paid $90 for her 2 years ago..
I'm in the same boat as you. I was about to sell off my entire collection to someone, but they backed out at the last second. Ugh.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 03:33 AM   #36
Chargersfan57

Quote:

I put Catwoman up for $300 on Ebay and sold in 15 mins... ugh I knew I should of put her up for more lol... But I'm more then happy with $300 since I only paid $90 for her 2 years ago..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I was about to sell off my entire collection to someone, but they backed out at the last second. Ugh.
I just received my first four and they are amazing. I don't know why anybody would want to sell these off...
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 AM   #37
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I just received my first four and they are amazing. I don't know why anybody would want to sell these off...
As addicting as it is collecting these I could never bring myself to take them out of their boxes, I think I have close to 30 of them now and figure if I'm not ever going to display them I should sell them off... Plus I got a lot of 1:4 statues coming in this year and I need space for them... although Bishoujos are not that big, 30 of them take up quite a bit of display space...

I was also collecting to many lines of statues... So far I've been collecting:

XM 1:4 statues
SS DC 1:4 statues
SS/Hot Toys Star Wars 1:6 figures
Koto 1:7 Bishoujos
Gaming Heads mass Effect 1:4 statues
Tweeterhead 1966 Batman & Robin series

The Bishoujo is a great line of statues especially if your into female statues... but I had to cut something and Unforntantly Bishoujos got the axe
Old 04-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #38
Chargersfan57

I can see your dilemma. I only collect Bishoujo and PCS 1:3 in order to keep things from getting out of hand. But I must say for $60, these Bishoujo are much better than I expected.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I can see your dilemma. I only collect Bishoujo and PCS 1:3 in order to keep things from getting out of hand. But I must say for $60, these Bishoujo are much better than I expected.
I agree, it's the best bang for the buck when it comes to statues....
Old 04-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #40
Chargersfan57

Quote:
As addicting as it is collecting these I could never bring myself to take them out of their boxes, I think I have close to 30 of them now and figure if I'm not ever going to display them I should sell them off... Plus I got a lot of 1:4 statues coming in this year and I need space for them... although Bishoujos are not that big, 30 of them take up quite a bit of display space...

I was also collecting to many lines of statues... So far I've been collecting:

XM 1:4 statues
SS DC 1:4 statues
SS/Hot Toys Star Wars 1:6 figures
Koto 1:7 Bishoujos
Gaming Heads mass Effect 1:4 statues
Tweeterhead 1966 Batman & Robin series

The Bishoujo is a great line of statues especially if your into female statues... but I had to cut something and Unforntantly Bishoujos got the axe
So wait it just dawned on me, lol.... Yours are all brand new?

Which ones do you have to sell? I'm in the market to buy new bishoujos.