Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #671
Sandman585
Hydra

I love Jim Lee too but this statue (maybe the pose) looks off for me personally. I guess I’ll wait and see what Sideshows new Batman looks like.
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #672
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman585 View Post
I love Jim Lee too but this statue (maybe the pose) looks off for me personally. I guess I’ll wait and see what Sideshows new Batman looks like.
I dig the statue, but I could see how it might translate as odd in 3D, if only because Lee's Batman is very top-heavy, which makes the agile pose look more uncomfortable than in the original art, especially when the legs aren't obscured in shadow like the drawing was.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #673
grail
Frackin!

Since the reveal I've shifted more toward the New 52 Batman even though it's not 1/3
grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #674
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grail View Post
Since the reveal I've shifted more toward the New 52 Batman even though it's not 1/3
I'm in the minority of not liking the New 52 Batman much at all. The few that do have criticisms seem to pick out literally the smallest aspects, such as the apparently plastic-looking hook on Batman's grapple gun. I think the dynamism of the pose and cape are at odds on the piece, as if the cape is casually parachuting out while Batman is surging forward. I also think the pea-headedness is as apparent on that as on the Hush Superman, although neither are egregious IMO.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #675
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I'm all over this piece. I get the criticism, but it still has no effect on how badass this Bats is! The 1:4 New 52 is just as awesome.

Anyone know the price on this beast?
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #676
grail
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I'm in the minority of not liking the New 52 Batman much at all. The few that do have criticisms seem to pick out literally the smallest aspects, such as the apparently plastic-looking hook on Batman's grapple gun. I think the dynamism of the pose and cape are at odds on the piece, as if the cape is casually parachuting out while Batman is surging forward. I also think the pea-headedness is as apparent on that as on the Hush Superman, although neither are egregious IMO.
I understand your points and cannot say you're wrong. I totally get those criticism, but they're not a big deal for me.

For the cape though, I've seen it drawn that way even if it doesn't make sense if it was in "the real world".
grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #677
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I'm in the minority of not liking the New 52 Batman much at all.
ha! so we both like this one but not the new 52 - good tastes brother
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #678
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I’m not a fan of the new 52 batman myself. I love dynamic poses for my statues was never a huge museum guy but there is something off with that Batman and I can’t put my finger on it. I just know when I feel that way and I have doubt in my mind, it’s not worth spending $800-$1200. I pre order the Iron Studios Batman 1/3 which I love and should have in hand February. As for the Hush Batman, I’m not sure yet. I would need to see it painted fully.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #679
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grail View Post
I understand your points and cannot say you're wrong. I totally get those criticism, but they're not a big deal for me.

For the cape though, I've seen it drawn that way even if it doesn't make sense if it was in "the real world".
I'd never suggest my opinions are objectively right. As with anything, as soon as in-hand pics start rolling in, I'll get mad I dismissed it when it was available to PO.

I've seen the cape drawn that way too. I think just prefer more 'shape' to it. In it's current position, it reminds more of how even a cartoonier artist like Bruce Timm would draw it hanging rather than dynamically trailing Batman. Its shelf presence is still going to be insane, like much of the New 52 line, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
If only we liked the (likely) less expensive one though LOL.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #680
SONICobra
Batman

LOL if only...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote