Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #1661
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekillerpotato View Post
I think they are swamped as they seem to be way more busy. On another note, the new statues seem to have less parts so less likely to break.
it's possible. recently i also noticed they have been a lot slower recently in terms of responding to emails. my EX captain marvel also had a similar break in the hair of the regular head and it took me almost 1 week to get any meaningful response. but you know how that goes when you get your first response from a human and not the automated reply message...it's basically just saying that it will get passed on to the next rep. so for me it took almost 2 weeks just to square away a replacement head. but I did get my replacement head free of charge so my EX is 200% perfect now.

so basically yes it's been slower when it comes to replying and getting any meaningful response from them but in the end they do get the job done....unless they really just don't have any parts left then you are screwed. you'll just have to return it for a refund or just keep it and fix it yourself and repaint it. usually they give you a partial refund if you choose to keep it.

i would say SSC has one of the best customer service that you will find in this hobby. it is light years away from the customer service of companies like XM and ARH Studios. XM won't even entertain US buyers because they don't sell directly to us anyway....and ARH Studios is just an abomination of a company...."customer service" is just an unknown concept to them.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:44 PM   #1662
iCollect
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekillerpotato View Post
I think they are swamped as they seem to be way more busy. On another note, the new statues seem to have less parts so less likely to break.
That's no excuse to tell the customer to go and buy glue to fix it himself.
iCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #1663
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

What is it about a half-shaved head that is so hot? I remember thinking Demi Lovato was "meh" then she shaved side of her head and I was like, "hey, she's hot".
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #1664
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCollect View Post
That's no excuse to tell the customer to go and buy glue to fix it himself.
I agree, but they do this because a lot of collectors are willing to accept it.

I started collecting about 10 yrs ago. I remember the first statue i ever bought. I was so excited to get it. Then i remeber opening it up and immediately thinking "this doesnt look as good as the advertised piece". Then i learned through forums and such its the nature of the business. You buy with an expectation that your piece wont measure up to the proto in some ways. Things have changed a bit since then, but still surprises me how a lot of folks are willing to accept truly defective statues with a small discount, or even pay more money to correct an item, rather than give it up. I dont know of any other markets that exist like this. It really is odd IMO.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #1665
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_apprentice View Post
What is it about a half-shaved head that is so hot? I remember thinking Demi Lovato was "meh" then she shaved side of her head and I was like, "hey, she's hot".
I feel the same way about women with large tattoos
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:32 PM   #1666
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think it's just because those features make them stand out from normal and if they have underlying attractive qualities then your mind notices and appreciates.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #1667
ukshaun
Hercules

Scarlett Johansson at the Ghost In The Shell Japan premiere,
sporting a Captain Marvel hair-do
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #1668
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuckr68 View Post
I agree, but they do this because a lot of collectors are willing to accept it.

I started collecting about 10 yrs ago. I remember the first statue i ever bought. I was so excited to get it. Then i remeber opening it up and immediately thinking "this doesnt look as good as the advertised piece". Then i learned through forums and such its the nature of the business. You buy with an expectation that your piece wont measure up to the proto in some ways. Things have changed a bit since then, but still surprises me how a lot of folks are willing to accept truly defective statues with a small discount, or even pay more money to correct an item, rather than give it up. I dont know of any other markets that exist like this. It really is odd IMO.
It's the limited nature of the pieces, and the fear of missing out/paying more if you send it back. I mean, suppose you got a flawed Doom on Throne...Would you want to be 'that guy' that sent it back? That's the trouble with getting a flawed piece, being able to source an alternative. Sometimes it's not so easy.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM   #1669
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

[QUOTE=ukshaun;5411084
Scarlett Johansson at the Ghost In The Shell Japan premiere,
sporting a Captain Marvel hair-do[/QUOTE]

I don't find that haircut all that flattering or attractive. Looks like my paperboy.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #1670
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I don't find that haircut all that flattering or attractive. Looks like my paperboy.
Yea, I am not sure what people find attractive with this hair style. Looks cool in the comics, but in real life...
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote