Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #6801
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

If I meet the next person that talks about anything other than goddamn Thanos I'm going to kick him in the balls so f***ing hard.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #6802
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Lol

Thanos looks dope.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #6803
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Lol

Thanos looks dope.
Thank you! Yes he does!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #6804
StatueJunky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Can't wait till he ships. I need to start making room for him. Maybe I can make him his own display. Time to take a trip to Home Depot.
StatueJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #6805
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
If I meet the next person that talks about anything other than goddamn Thanos I'm going to kick him in the balls so f***ing hard.
That's not very nice
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #6806
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueJunky View Post
Can't wait till he ships. I need to start making room for him. Maybe I can make him his own display. Time to take a trip to Home Depot.
Right there with ya. Definitely want him located in a spot where he can be seen from multiple angles, rather than encased in something with walls. Especially with his head turned, the piece might look best slightly cocked to the left.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #6807
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
That's not very nice
Agreed.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:21 PM   #6808
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Let's talk about the uncertainty of SS not giving Star-Lord and Drax the PF treatment.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #6809
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

With regards to the prior argument, KI and Ryan you are imprinting your own opinion on the subject. I am legit the only one out of my friends who hardcore reads comics. Oh scratch that there are two of us. I'm in my early 30s. Why do NONE of my other friends read comics? Because that's for kids. Just because more adults read comics than play yugioh, that doesn't mean both are "for kids". There isn't anything wrong with that, I don't care if people think I'm reading kids books, but the general populace see comics as kids stuff still. Probably always will!

As for this Thanos... well it is officially going to be my coup de grace. I have cancelled my XM Beta ray bill. Passed up on some incredible deals that are horrible timing, and even started downsizing my collection. Selling my Bowen Thanos on Throne and Sideshow Thanos comiquette. It's time to shut it down and with this final Thanos piece I think I'm done with statues. At least for now. So with that being said - I NEED it to be perfect!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #6810
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Yugioh and Pokemon is MUCH more childish than Comic books that have seen people murdered like when Joker killed Robin and blew him and his mother up after beating him with a CROWBAR first. So NO as childish as you may think SUPERHEROES are sometimes in comicbooks you see and read things that children aren't supposed to see. How about when Joker had his way with commissioner Gordons daughter in The Killing Joke? Or green lantern found the dead body in the fridge? You see you mistake comicbooks and superheroes and assume it's all childish and there was nothing but fantasy in the tales being told. Maybe you don't read enough DC but hell even Spiderman had his beloved Gwen Stacy killed by Green Goblin. Just cause it's not shown in the Animated Series doesn't mean there was never any murdering in comicbooks. Remember when Doomsday killed Superman at the time the comicbook industry went belly up? Or how about Captain American being shot and killed? Those might ring a bell since they are more recent.

You see you feed into the notion that only children read comicbooks yet when I go to my local comicbook store I see anything but children inside there, sure they might have grew up with comics but even people who didn't are older now and want to learn about what made their favorite character who he is today by reading their past. Sh!t most of my friends never read comicbooks but enjoyed watching the movies and had a desire to learn about these characters while they are well into their 30's so not everybody was lucky like a lot of us to find a passion in comicbooks or their respected characters. Hell I would have never known anything had it not been for my older brother who introduced me into comicbooks.

Again you grew up in an era with Grand Theft Auto being the norm and with violence and murder being watered down. Yet the further you go back the more shocking these events were when nobody was used to seeing it 24/7 on TV or in Movies. When MYSTERY and SUSPENSE was a much more crucial element than BLOOD GUTS and GORE of today.

But no sense of going back and forth with all this, different times, different era and different tastes. Again don't take it personal, I like video games you like playing cards we both like comicbook characters.

Child at heart I will always be because these things resonate with my past and bring a feeling of nostalgia I embrace much like many of you. The only difference is I like Poker as a card game and don't understand the fascination with the other card games. Different era that's all

Kick rocks you probably never heard of Spiderman until you saw the Animated Series too.

Damn RIGHT I like Venom, McFarlane's drawings were epic and many of us who saw them way back then fell in love with how beautiful they looked. So that is why I like Venom so much, basically because of Todd McFarlane. That and I really like the symbiote.

Agreed on McFarlane venom! The best ever! However I love the huge tongue version too! Best is to get both!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote