Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-15-2019, 04:33 AM   #2851
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
This was hands down the best episode for me of this show.
I would honestly love to hear your reasoning on this.

as for the end I think if anybody ends up on the throne it'll be Gendry at this point, granted they've thrown most reason out the window but why else would he have been legitimized in front of everybody like that if it wasn't going to factor into anything.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:59 AM   #2852
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
as for the end I think if anybody ends up on the throne it'll be Gendry at this point.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:39 AM   #2853
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
If our well-written characters had only consulted a guide to the past and future. A living record, if you will. Learning from pitfalls, avoiding mistakes. If only the show introduced a character like that, totally not one-dimensional, nor used for only the most nonsensical, cliched purpose. But where to find one? Hmmm... These senseless deaths could have been avoided. Shame.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:41 AM   #2854
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Gendry can have the throne, he has legit claim. But if Arya bails out an “becomes a Lady”...I might actually hunt the writers down and kick them in the balls.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #2855
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
as for the end I think if anybody ends up on the throne it'll be Gendry at this point, granted they've thrown most reason out the window but why else would he have been legitimized in front of everybody like that if it wasn't going to factor into anything.
I took it at face value, considering the scene. Dany simply did it to 'create' an ally. The writers did it to show she has some bit of strategic thinking. By throwing that tidbit at us, they think they've created a character that was among other things, unpredictable. I've read that they're proud of that notion.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #2856
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Gendry can have the throne, he has legit claim. But if Arya bails out an “becomes a Lady”...I might actually hunt the writers down and kick them in the balls.
I don’t see why she can’t get married and not become what she feels a “lady” is. Granted it was a sudden change of heart but maybe the hound did convince her that a life of killing and revenge boners isn’t the way to go.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #2857
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I took it at face value, considering the scene. Dany simply did it to 'create' an ally. The writers did it to show she has some bit of strategic thinking. By throwing that tidbit at us, they think they've created a character that was among other things, unpredictable. I've read that they're proud of that notion.
Agreed with above. I also thought it was a juxtaposition of how Dany is trying to win loyalty with Jon Snow's ability to gain the trust and loyalty of others organically.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #2858
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I'm starting to think maybe Dany ends up on the throne like a lot of people wanted but as a mad queen despot type which is what maybe they meant when they said people would be disappointed.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #2859
Mister H
Gen 13

I wouldn't mind if Gendry is on the throne at the end, as long as Snow refuses it or something. Snow pretty much is the show.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #2860
MrYac
Hercules

I figure Jon only has two options, he’ll be dead or go up north with the Wildlings.