Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #1631
Luminous
Cyclops

I'd be concerned about the discrepancy and at least attempt to contact someone about it.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #1632
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I'd be concerned about the discrepancy and at least attempt to contact someone about it.
I can't seem to find anyone to contact about the issue. Nick.com doesn't provide any information beyond their own product descriptions and Amazon or the marketplace shop they sell through, Viacom, likely won't be able to clarify either.

I'll have to do a little more digging to find out the specifics but for the time being, I've decided to return it. Should anything of note come up, I'll just place another order.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 AM   #1633
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Not a print, but I just got this over-sized publicity still from Aliens. I've got a variety of these over the years (I try to snaffle them whenever they pop up). Nice little bit of cinematic history.

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 AM   #1634
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
I can't seem to find anyone to contact about the issue. Nick.com doesn't provide any information beyond their own product descriptions and Amazon or the marketplace shop they sell through, Viacom, likely won't be able to clarify either.

I'll have to do a little more digging to find out the specifics but for the time being, I've decided to return it. Should anything of note come up, I'll just place another order.
Sounds suspect. I'd likely return it too, that crease would actually bother me. It could be fixed, but why bother when you could just get a replacement.

FWIW EB has the ES listed @ 375 signed and numbered.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/199020
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:16 AM   #1635
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Not a print, but I just got this over-sized publicity still from Aliens. I've got a variety of these over the years (I try to snaffle them whenever they pop up). Nice little bit of cinematic history.

Great still from a classic scenec. Love it!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #1636
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sounds suspect. I'd likely return it too, that crease would actually bother me. It could be fixed, but why bother when you could just get a replacement.

FWIW EB has the ES listed @ 375 signed and numbered.

http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/199020
Increasingly so. I just got done speaking with that seller on eBay about his prints and incidentally, he has 106 and 114, both of which are signed. He's got pictures and everything. Although he, too, has the edition size at 400.

Not sure what to make of it all. I'll be shipping it back to Nickelodeon/Amazon tomorrow for a full-refund and using that money to buy a replacement.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #1637
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Great still from a classic scenec. Love it!
Yeah, thanks mate. Absolutely love that scene. "They're coming out of the god damn walls"

I have about 6 stills in the set, so I have to figure out what to do with them now.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #1638
Sithlord32
New Republic

Been a while since I added anything to here really. Pics arent the best but if you know the artists you get the jist of it.

Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #1639
Sithlord32
New Republic

Finally!!!!! locked one of these down. The end all be all for SW prints for me being an avid OT and EU fan I wont be buying much for anything for SW prints now that I have this in my possession. It has everything I love about SW in the OT minus Yoda, Fett and a few ships. Its an AP too boot to make it a little more unique and rare.

Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:26 AM   #1640
TheYoungWolf

Not a lot of luck in the art department as of late..

Like I said earlier, I'm not all that nitpicky, but when factoring in the price, that they were advertised as having only been opened once and the sheer amount of dents/dings/creases and scratches, I'm not exactly enthused with my purchase. One of the other two in this set arrived in a similar condition.

I don't mean to vent, it's all just very frustrating. I've had one of the three 25th anniversary posters in my collection for awhile now, and was really excited to have the opportunity to complete the trio and even walk away with an extra to archive.. I do, however, place part of the blame on myself for this. My readiness to accept the seller's vague description and blurry pictures was a little more impulsive and a little less thoughtful than I like to credit myself for.

Unfortunately, the seller's lack of communication and inexperience on eBay coupled with the bait and switch he pulled on me with shipping (I paid for the advertised UPS Ground, he shipped USPS Parcel) lead me to believe that this return isn't going to happen without PP's intervention. Hoping it doesn't come to that; I don't like the idea of being "that" guy.