Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Easy there fellar. Need another vacation so soon?
he's just feeling the pressure because digital commissions are taking away from his newly started commission buisness
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
he's just feeling the pressure because digital commissions are taking away from his newly started commission buisness
I realize my recent attempts weren't entirely anatomically accurate, so I'm studying up.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
Sam
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
Art is art, absolutely...but if I paid a substantial rate for it, but as soon as I showcase it and TC comes along N right click, n save and gets it for free...that's where digital kills it for me...
That can happen with any piece that's posted on CAF for that matter. Not too long ago, I saw where a well known artist had lifted the image of the pencils from an Ivan Reis commission off someone's CAF gallery, converted the pencils to blueline, inked the blueline, then put it up on ebay. It wasn't a digital commission, but the image still got stolen because it was online.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #24
Mean Green
Fantomah

Well, hopefully they at least ok'd it with the artist and then disclosed that it was blue-line inked. In that case, it wouldn't necessarily be "stolen".
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #25
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
That can happen with any piece that's posted on CAF for that matter. Not too long ago, I saw where a well known artist had lifted the image of the pencils from an Ivan Reis commission off someone's CAF gallery, converted the pencils to blueline, inked the blueline, then put it up on ebay. It wasn't a digital commission, but the image still got stolen because it was online.
This is exactly why I don't ink my original pencils, cuz at the end of the day I have the paper with the original artwork in my hand n Paypal receipt to said artist so they can walk round with inked blue line replica all they want, I got the real deal Holyfield in MY folder, can't do that in any way with a digital piece...
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
Sam
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Well, hopefully they at least ok'd it with the artist and then disclosed that it was blue-line inked. In that case, it wouldn't necessarily be "stolen".
No, it was totally stolen. The original commission had already been inked by a second artist, but the owner had posted a picture of the pencils prior to them being inked. Neither the original penciller nor the owner were contacted for permission. I know because I contacted the owner when I saw it for sale. He was a bit pissed.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #27
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
No, it was totally stolen. The original commission had already been inked by a second artist, but the owner had posted a picture of the pencils prior to them being inked. Neither the original penciller nor the owner were contacted for permission. I know because I contacted the owner when I saw it for sale. He was a bit pissed.
That's terrible...
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #28
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I realize my recent attempts weren't entirely anatomically accurate, so I'm studying up.
I figure I should elaborate by stating that I'm not actually studying up at all.

Quote:
Wow.. that's ridiculous.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #29
BillC
Hellboy

Quote:
I would imagine so

I put most of my stuff on CAF but instances like this get me thinking I should probably start holding back there
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #30
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
THIS is one of the main reasons I don't put my stuff on a community board...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote