Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #31
Sam
Hydra

What really got me about it was that the artist put the ink job up for sale!! This wasn't someone new to comic art either. He's been around for a WHILE.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #32
J-M-T
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
This is exactly why I don't ink my original pencils, cuz at the end of the day I have the paper with the original artwork in my hand n Paypal receipt to said artist so they can walk round with inked blue line replica all they want, I got the real deal Holyfield in MY folder, can't do that in any way with a digital piece...
Plus, if you have the original on paper or other media, you can frame it and hang it on your wall. Someone looks at it and will say "That's a great art, who drew that?".

But with digital commission, I would imagine the reaction if I print it, frame it and hang it on my wall, and someone sees it, he/she would say: "Nice poster".
J-M-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #33
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

When I was at Heroes a couple weeks ago, I heard artists talking about it. One established artists was railing on younger artists who use it and thought that pencil in hand was the only way to create comics but I heard a couple other well known artists who were talking about how much it helped them. Of course you are asking people on here who only buy artwork so our opinions will be a little biased. It really comes down to this:

1) If your goal is to have good quality output to Publishers, then it might be the way to go. It allows you to make changes quicker and easier and will allow you to submit your work on a quicker basis and even allow for you to do more work in the same amount of time it took before with just pencil. If you are not a super duper big name and want to get a good reputation with the publishers, make sure you are timely on your books because that's how you keep getting work and this tool will help you do it so that you can become a bigger name.
2) If your goal is to do pages for publishers that you want to sell on the art market for additional funds, this is obviously the wrong way to go as people like us on here will not pay the same high amount for a true hand drawn page to a page printed off from a computer.

Our opinions are just opinions, what you do is dependent on what your goals are.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote