Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #111
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Yeah that's why I mentioned them cause I remember seeing those pieces in vids from sdcc.

I just don't have access to see these pieces in person before I PO so I can only base my collection on what others show me.
Well really that's pretty much everyone that isn't in Cali or NY.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #112
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well really that's pretty much everyone that isn't in Cali or NY.
True. I'm in Cali so I really need to find a way to get to SDCC at some point in my life.

Until then I'll just have to enjoy the pieces I order
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #113
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Great looking piece.

During the Collector-Verse interview with Jerry, Jerry commented on how great this piece is, and how the guys did a great job, and something like 'they (PCS) don't need me anymore..'

Jerry mentioned how the based was inspired by talks with XM Studios guys. PCS want to up their game when it comes to bases, but don't want to go quite to the crazy level XM goto, as they want to keep prices reasonable, atleast when it comes to statues, even if reasonable is still expensive in the eyes many
I saw Raiden at Wondercon and an awesome looking piece. Whoever picks this up will be very happy.

And then there was Shao Kahn on throne. HUGE! And it has presence. Anyone who buys this will be hearing Wow on repeat.

I had my eye also on the Chun-Li they had there. Considering prices these days this is a gift! Great sculpt! And retail around the $300 mark for roughly 17"? Whaaaaatt!!!??? And limited!

And then that dragon!? Yes that dragon.

I spoke with the guys there (Jerry and Mark) and can't say enough good things about their commitment to the fans and how being fans themselves comes through their work. My hand out to you gentlemen for being in this game and keeping me a PCS fan.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:05 PM   #114
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I saw Raiden at Wondercon and an awesome looking piece. Whoever picks this up will be very happy.

And then there was Shao Kahn on throne. HUGE! And it has presence. Anyone who buys this will be hearing Wow on repeat.

I had my eye also on the Chun-Li they had there. Considering prices these days this is a gift! Great sculpt! And retail around the $300 mark for roughly 17"? Whaaaaatt!!!??? And limited!

And then that dragon!? Yes that dragon.

I spoke with the guys there (Jerry and Mark) and can't say enough good things about their commitment to the fans and how being fans themselves comes through their work. My hand out to you gentlemen for being in this game and keeping me a PCS fan.

Was dredd impressive?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #115
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Was dredd impressive?
I don't really follow the character but he did attract a lot of attention there. The face was really well done.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #116
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
True. I'm in Cali so I really need to find a way to get to SDCC at some point in my life.

Until then I'll just have to enjoy the pieces I order
I don’t see people’s want to go to these conventions pop culture geek culture what ever you want to call it has hit the masses to the point you can’t breathe in these places. So many people so long lines I think it’s just exhausting. As a New Yorker I’m privileged my job pays my expenses when I’m with my client to a lot of attractions in nyc but honestly I hate going to so called must see places due to crowds can’t even take a picture properly. Today I went to the Macy’s flower show I felt it was a good time as most would be at work I had to take a picture of the damn ceiling s$it was so crowded. This is a damn flower show.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D31CDBC5-1C5D-42A5-9CA0-857816CA6495.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	112703

I would be pissed paying my own money for these conventions and can’t even move. When I went to nycc I beleive that was the first year Stan lee went it was in its second year if I recall right. you could have a conversation with him as he passed by couldn’t get an autograph that was a special time for that but you could talk to the man now I hear he got security guards with him. And their was practically no lines for any of the rooms just walk in Truly sad what it’s become. I especially hate the ones that take up space and just go there to show their boobs.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:14 PM   #117
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It would be extremely cool if I had a local collectibles shop that stocked P1 pieces. I just wish there were easier ways for us to see before we buy and that goes for all companies. For example, if P1 had an LA office I would go there nonstop haha!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:09 PM   #118
ryuujin
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I want this in my garden.
ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote