Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-02-2016, 11:03 PM   #481
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I've never sold a PCS piece for retail or lower. Never!

And these are recent pieces and older less popular statues. Rule of thumb, buy the exclusive. You won't lose money.

So if your points refer to buying and selling Regular versions with TBD ES I guess I can get on board with your points. But as far as the Ex versions, I completely disagree.
lol

I can't even sell red raiden for cost, get out of here.

it's es is like 125 too
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #482
Bornthugs
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Less than 20 Murderous Intent left !

Expect them to be gone by the weekend
Great to hear that, how many dark hado left?
Bornthugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:15 AM   #483
outbreak
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just PO'd the Dark Hado EX. Glad I was able to get one.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 AM   #484
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toulon89 View Post
lol

I can't even sell red raiden for cost, get out of here.

it's es is like 125 too
Should've clarified.

Street Fighter
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #485
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
You may of never sold a piece for retail,but that doesn't mean others haven't.I have seen first hand collectors buy a Gouken Strong Fist EX,Balrog Crazy Buffalo EX and Honda Ozeki EX for retail,and Balrog was less than retail.If you are actively looking when they ship out,you will find your opportunities.In most cases the EX's will hold there retail value,but with so many collectors and so much product these days,there are sellers who are willing to just get what they paid for
Others may have sold for less, but that doesn't mean they had to.

They were most likely weak sellers desperate to move their statue. Willing to accept any offer, as long as they recoup some of their cash.

Because there is ZERO reason to accept retail or anything below retail on a sold out statue.

Laws of supply and demand.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #486
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Others may have sold for less, but that doesn't mean they had to.

They were most likely weak sellers desperate to move their statue. Willing to accept any offer, as long as they recoup some of their cash.

Because there is ZERO reason to accept retail or anything below retail on a sold out statue.

Laws of supply and demand.
Well that's my point,whether they are desperate to sell or just want out of the piece,there are opportunities for collectors to find most of these pieces for retail.You don't buy a lot of statues,but others do,some overbuy,and others get sucked into the hype of a piece and later have regrets or have decided to pursue other products,in which case they are willing to let it go for what they put in.The supply of all statues from most companies are beginning to overshadow the demand,and lots of things happen during the time an item is up for order till when it ships,so the demand is becoming less and less which will give collectors opportunities to find items for cost.Ppl are now also willing to accept cost on there preorders from PCS just to get out which just shows that preorder stage is also another opportunity to find products for cost
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #487
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yeah I agree with RB. You can pretty much get any PCS preordered statue for cost nowadays. If you miss out there's a good chance you can get it before the release, especially with the long delays it takes for anything to come out. I've even seen people willing to undersell their deposit amount just to transfer it. Bottom line is patience.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #488
akumakiller
I am da law!

In europe I feel the market is different to the states and canada, I have recently had to cash out of my street fighter collection, getting married etc.

Sold Shin Akuma, Guile, Chun Li, Ken EX, Vega AP EX, Bison AP, Cammy EX and Balrog P1 EX.

Bought all of these in the 2nd hand market apart from Balrog and sold them on for pretty much what I paid for them, not interested in profit from statues, I enjoy the Street Fighter franchise and have played the game for years.

I have transferred for free Honda P1 EX, Nash Alpha EX, Ultra AP Vega P2 EX and Pink cammy.

I have had little interest in Blanka EX, Oro P2 EX and Ken P1 EX preorders.

I have had loads of interest in Akuma P1 1/3, how ever I am not transferring it for someone just to flip.

I have been trying to sell Dhalsim P1 EX, Both Ryu's EX and Gouken P1 EX without much success.

The statue collecting market is a niche, there are not that many people willing to spend £400 (shipping & customs) for a statue.

Let alone £800+ on an XM piece
akumakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #489
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That's another excellent point yeek,I've also seen some sellers offering to take less than there NRD for a PCS preorder to just get out of it.Patience is not something many collectors have,and it's clearly showing with the offerings amongst PCS preorders.Ive even seen a few ppl offering 1/3 Shin and Ryu for cost,so unless it's a handful of items like 1/3 Akuma or 1/3 E Ryu,there are opportunities out there for ppl actively looking.At least SF is holding its own in most cases,but I've seen the MK line really dipping,but all of this info is strictly from the US and Canada
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:39 PM   #490
akumakiller
I am da law!

I did pre order evil ryu as he was my main on US4, I can't see him sky rocketing in value this side of the pond, but then again I did not purchase him for that reason.

Looking forward to seeing him in less than 2 years hopefully!
akumakiller is offline   Reply With Quote