Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #141
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
What did you say to get a correction of the fees ?
I just wrote them an e-mail saying this is the wrong code and it should be this code and they replied, asked me to send a link to the correct code ( which they supplied the website for ) and they just got back to me with a new amount.

It took weeks like i said but i just didn't pay anything until they got back to me.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 PM   #142
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeArtFan View Post
For Customers from The Netherlands.

As this lower tax rate for these items booked under sculpted art is all new for me I looked it up for the Dutch.

For the Dutch people here I lookud up the info on the Customs and Goverment websites.
Tax Should be 6% and not 21% with code: 9703
So don't accept an invoice with 21% tax before trying to correct this.

On the Dutch customs page:
URL: http://tarief.douane.nl/tariff/uc/qry/sbn/search.jsf

Fill in the code in the Customs page under 'Goederencode' (Itemcode)
And then click the button 'RAADPLEGEN' (Consult)

Here you will find it is:

9703 00 00 00 Verzenden Originele standbeelden en origineel beeldhouwwerk, ongeacht het materiaal waarvan zij vervaardigd zijn TN701

(above says: original statues and original sculpture, independed of which material it's made from )

Belasting tarief invoer kunst (tax tariff import art)

If you want more proof of it should be 6% (as the percentage it is not mentioned at the customs page) then

see the Dutch goverment page:
URL: https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/w...niet_eu_landen

The first lines of text says the following:

kunst, antiek of verzamelvoorwerpen importeert uit niet-EU-landen
U doet dan aangifte bij de douane en betaalt daar 6% btw.
(Art, antiques or collectibles imported from non-EU countries
You will then report to the customs and pay 6% VAT.)

Last the manual for the Dutch customs page interpretation can be found here:
URL: https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/w...ng_handleiding

Edit: you can use this info for contacting FedEx if your tax calculation is wrong
Dank je wel

My Darkness was shipped with USPS/PostNL and I was charged only 6% for customs.

but..

My Conan has been shipped last night with UPS (despite the fact that I selected USPS when I ordered him) so your info can be put to good use.. but I hope it won't be necessary
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #143
sparda
The Avengers

Enjoy it while it lasts, got the following email from SSC yesterday;

Dear Collector,

We wanted to inform you that Belgium customs has recently updated the commodity code for our polystone statues and figures from 9703.00.0000 to 3926.40.00. The commodity code sets the tax rate for the import duty on items and determines what you will owe to your government on your shipment. The harmonized commodity code 3926.40.00 has a 21% rate in Belgium.

We understand that this can be a cause for concern and wanted to be proactive about letting you know what to expect before taking delivery of your Sideshow collectible.

Sideshow sincerely appreciates your business. To offset the costs associated with buying internationally, we discount shipping costs up to 50%, provide $25 promo codes after each eligible purchase, and offer a loyalty program that gives 5% back in rewards towards your next purchase with us. We hope that these unique benefits help show our commitment and appreciation to you and assist you with growing your collection.

Best,

The Sideshow Team

fok...
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #144
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Enjoy it while it lasts, got the following email from SSC yesterday;

Dear Collector,

We wanted to inform you that Belgium customs has recently updated the commodity code for our polystone statues and figures from 9703.00.0000 to 3926.40.00. The commodity code sets the tax rate for the import duty on items and determines what you will owe to your government on your shipment. The harmonized commodity code 3926.40.00 has a 21% rate in Belgium.

We understand that this can be a cause for concern and wanted to be proactive about letting you know what to expect before taking delivery of your Sideshow collectible.

Sideshow sincerely appreciates your business. To offset the costs associated with buying internationally, we discount shipping costs up to 50%, provide $25 promo codes after each eligible purchase, and offer a loyalty program that gives 5% back in rewards towards your next purchase with us. We hope that these unique benefits help show our commitment and appreciation to you and assist you with growing your collection.

Best,

The Sideshow Team

fok...
Also got the email.........we...are...F@CKED

(ps: dont forget Belgium invented an extra import tax of 6.5% on top of the 21% so in total it's 27.5%.........of the cost of the statue PLUS shipping!)
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #145
sparda
The Avengers

Yeah plus some administration and crap. Totals at around 29% so I'll be importing my stuff via Luxembourg. Even if they tax me in full (around 21% in total), it'll be less and at least our state won't get my money.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote