Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #31
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
PCS using Studio Hive for concept design, is this a first?
Not a first.

PCS used Hive for the recent Shao Kahn 1/3

Sculpt - Jerry Macaluso
Armor Sculpt - Justin McMillan
Paint - Nathan Eakins
Base Paint - Steve Ceragioli
Costume - Sam Salman

Really cool to see this statue (PCS - Judge Dreadd) come together. This was one of the last projects I had a heavy hand in developing before leaving PCS to begin a new journey at Blizzard. I’m sure it goes without saying but I am very grateful for all the opportunities and experience I gained at PCS and very humbled, honored and grateful to start a new chapter at Blizzard. - Justin McMillan (28th Jan 2018)

Either Justin McMillan helped PCS out, or the armor for Shao Kahn was created some time ago?

PCS used Hive for the recent Michael Myers 1/3
Sculpted by ?

Comparing the Shao Kahn and Michael Myers statues to their Hive concept art, shows that the Hive art reveals little about the statue other than it's pose, which is probably a good thing, as the Sonya Blade concept art contains various error's when compared to various images from the game
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #32
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It makes total sense to me, do klassic costumes fully sculpted with high details, do action poses/iconic poses with a diorama base. Include a black base for those who want it to match the other klassic statues.

You are serving both side of the MK Koin then, those who collect MK9/X statues with diorama style bases and those who kollect klassic with the black bases.

Everyones a winner.

F4F do it with Tekken and Soul Calibur and i think it's a great idea personally.

A klassic Sonya on a black base, mixed media, boring pose....i have no interest in that what so ever....fully sculpted, diorama base, iconic pose/action....yes please.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

If you pay attention PCS has been both receiving and sending the message that the uncertain results with Mixed Media are more expensive and desirable with customers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #34
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Either Justin McMillan helped PCS out, or the armor for Shao Kahn was created some time ago?
Justin did the Armour for the Klassic 1/4 so i imagine PCS just reused it, it's a digital sculpt so they just printed it bigger.

Probably helped keep the cost down a little bit by reusing stuff already sculpted too...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #35
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Justin did the Armour for the Klassic 1/4 so i imagine PCS just reused it, it's a digital sculpt so they just printed it bigger.

Probably helped keep the cost down a little bit by reusing stuff already sculpted too...
Possibly.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote