Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-29-2018, 06:34 PM   #11
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
PCS killed the value and privileges of owning an AP years ago.
Like others have already mentioned, if you are happy with statue then I would keep it and avoid the frustration of returning and/or refunding.

Honestly, I would rather have a flawless looking statue rather than what number it is or if it's an AP.

zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:53 PM   #12
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Honestly people who say AP means nothing are missing a point. I'd be pretty bummed if I received a numbered e.ryu instead of an AP because the AP represents the "first world struggle" that was PO day for the 1/3 ryu. The site crashed for hours, everyone was going crazy and finally when PO opened Evil sold out in 30 seconds.

Whether the AP is worth more or not is moot, it's what it represents to the collector. When I look at my AP E.Ryu, signed base and card, it reminds me of staying late at work for like 6 hours trying to order the damn thing and being one of the first people to do so. Sounds silly but it is what it is.

But all that being said, after reading how horrible it is to get a refund I'd just accept the numbered piece unfortunately and just never order again/tell everyone I knew to avoid them.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #13
yogamite
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Indeed twstd...I definitely understand what your saying. Doesn't sound silly at all. I guess its all in the way that you look at it. For me personally...each statue that I have has a "story behind it" purchase-wise. I just don't need an "AP" label on it to make me justify some kind of prestige.

Now I'm not knocking the entire wanting to get an "AP" struggle. There are tons of PCS threads of people posting "I JUST GOT AN AP"..."ORDERED AT 0:00...I BETTER GET AN AP"...etc. That's cool that people really got excited on preorder day to get it. That just never appealed to me personally.

I also understand that you should get what you paid for. If PCS says "Congrats you have an AP"...then when your order finally reaches you...you should darn well get an AP because that's what you ordered.

The point I'm trying to get across is that if you take a statue that is marked as "AP" and compare it to a stature that isn't...there is no difference in quality.

The original poster is definitely upset that he "didn't get what he paid for". And he has every right to be upset. I just don't feel that he should settle for something that he didn't order. If you don't get what you want...send it back and ask for a refund. The fact that it might take awhile to get your money back shouldn't play a factor...IMO.

For some collectors the fact of getting an "AP" is more valuable to them than the statue itself. In these cases...I say don't settle for anything lesser...return it and get a refund...

Peace...

Last edited by yogamite; 05-29-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: misspelling
yogamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:53 PM   #14
qz33
Doctor Doom

I'll say that AP for me means more when it is sculpted by Mr. Macaluso since he signs all of them.

I have a feeling we will be seeing fewer and fewer of his sculpts.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:05 AM   #15
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Honestly people who say AP means nothing are missing a point. I'd be pretty bummed if I received a numbered e.ryu instead of an AP because the AP represents the "first world struggle" that was PO day for the 1/3 ryu. The site crashed for hours, everyone was going crazy and finally when PO opened Evil sold out in 30 seconds.

Whether the AP is worth more or not is moot, it's what it represents to the collector. When I look at my AP E.Ryu, signed base and card, it reminds me of staying late at work for like 6 hours trying to order the damn thing and being one of the first people to do so. Sounds silly but it is what it is.

But all that being said, after reading how horrible it is to get a refund I'd just accept the numbered piece unfortunately and just never order again/tell everyone I knew to avoid them.
No I think your missing the point bro listen the truth is this and it’s ugly. pcs caused hype for YEARS with those crashes and it is now being bought to light that a lot of their items were fake sellouts. So what this means is that all that time you myself and every one of their fans wasted our time trying to get APS and even secure statues from them. I was here when sub zero 1/3 sold out in 1 minute 30 seconds I was here when akuma was put up back for order the following days due to crash I was here when our International collectors wives were making death threats and they had to wake up 3 hours later to go to work trying to secure orders. Where am I going with this well pcs has been selling long sold out items on their eBay page for the past couple of months. New owners saying it was cancellations but it’s bull$hit because they are still selling 1/4 classic ninjas we are in 2018 those things came out years ago how can a distributor cancel on those? That akuma that people paid 2k for due to their tactics is now being sold by them on eBay for slap in the face prices. So this is my point forget about your AP I’m sorry you had to work for it but it never meant anything. If it meant something the company wouldn’t of disrespected your loyalty and time to buy their products by pulling this crap.

APS ARE FAKE they were never real you getting the same statue as everyone else. Even now people continue to get APS as seen in YouTube videos and their Facebook page that weren’t suppose to its well documented. So let’s put this into perspective those that waited up till 4 in the morning pressing f5 on keyboard trying to secure a sub zero 1/3 or Ryu 1/3 you wasted your time because Bob from “F@ck you fools” just got an AP without even knowing or placing an initial order, PCs just gave him one.

APS should be the least of your problem worry about your statue losing half of its value in 3 months due to business decisions like this.

Here are some pics of the classic 1/4 ninjas longgggggggg sold out being sold on their eBay page. I wonder how many of these they have???? 400 500 800 how many???? Akuma how many do they have 500 600 1,000. The most hyped statue in pcs history now being sold by the very company who crashed website on purpose and had people paying 2k aftermarket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD64DB70-26C6-4036-83A3-E6374389EFAC.png
Views:	37
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	114140

Name:	EA3555C8-F5C3-41B2-919A-4CBE0A88E132.png
Views:	30
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	114141

Name:	BE64B46B-C091-4DBA-9E1B-97471DAEE4C4.png
Views:	26
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	114142

Name:	5493E876-F0AE-4E67-B996-4B7263BF253B.png
Views:	24
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	114143

Name:	13EC73A2-5393-4AB0-ABAC-8E7ADE4CAB65.png
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	114144

Name:	731F5216-00B1-43DB-A96B-3909B21F922B.png
Views:	22
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	114145

Name:	58BF2A40-7223-47DF-9887-751B75836C53.png
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	114146
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:34 AM   #16
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

How is this PCS ebaystore? It says statue_mongers for the ebay ID. Theyre also selling sideshow and XM products.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #17
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
How is this PCS ebaystore? It says statue_mongers for the ebay ID. Theyre also selling sideshow and XM products.
Before selling statues this account used to sell aquatic items. The store selling these aquatic items using this eBay name is the same one Mark Martin owned other owner of PCs. In feedback you can see customers naming the company associated with statue mongers and even a feedback of them saying “Mark is the best” go on marks Facebook page it says he runs this company. Pics will show you everything

Im the minority’s I don’t have a problem with them selling old statues even new ones on their eBay page I’m sure other companies do same thing in different manners so it’s all good. their statues don’t hold value with or without them and I’m ok with that I will continue to buy their products just not from them directly eBay cheaper on all accounts. I just wanted OP or others who still go after this AP stuff like a holy grail to realize what the real story is. You would be shocked how many people still fall for this AP nonsense and think they got something special.

Anyways this is old news that most active members on this forum know about but who don’t including op now knows.

Name:	32F75791-6E85-404F-A72A-CBDD0552EE00.jpeg
Views:	35
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	114147

Name:	B7BA2D34-ADFB-44B5-8233-D22C8F8F2D99.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	114148

Name:	68F69526-6770-4223-84A5-C4C04AB354B2.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	114149
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:11 AM   #18
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

I had a Scorpion 1:3 sold to me way after release date and it is an AP..I assumed they labeled it that way to avoid needing
to number the remaining units
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:31 AM   #19
Ripsnorta
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2G View Post
Hi guys,

I need your help. I have emailed and called PCS to no avail.

I had scored Artist Proof EX blank statue and when it came time to ship I received a regular EX. I complained and PCS said I can chose another statue I pre-ordered and they will make that one AP. I chose 1/3 evil ryu statue.

This time I made sure I mentioned it to them several times in emails to make sure they send me AP version.

3 weeks ago they shipped me the evil ryu and again it was not Artist Proof.

I have called and left voicemail, and emailed several times but no response from PCS.

What should I do now? Any help will be appreciated.
the same exact thing happened to me same statues and all!
Ripsnorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:54 AM   #20
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Before selling statues this account used to sell aquatic items. The store selling these aquatic items using this eBay name is the same one Mark Martin owned other owner of PCs. In feedback you can see customers naming the company associated with statue mongers and even a feedback of them saying “Mark is the best” go on marks Facebook page it says he runs this company. Pics will show you everything

Im the minority’s I don’t have a problem with them selling old statues even new ones on their eBay page I’m sure other companies do same thing in different manners so it’s all good. their statues don’t hold value with or without them and I’m ok with that I will continue to buy their products just not from them directly eBay cheaper on all accounts. I just wanted OP or others who still go after this AP stuff like a holy grail to realize what the real story is. You would be shocked how many people still fall for this AP nonsense and think they got something special.

Anyways this is old news that most active members on this forum know about but who don’t including op now knows.

Attachment 114147

Attachment 114148

Attachment 114149
Good detective work, leaves a sour taste.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote