Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #11
MrYac
Hercules

I had a GameCube crap out on me

1 360 Ring of Death

Day 1 Xbox 1 had a bad disc tray that needed to be replaced.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:04 AM   #12
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have had:
NES
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation 4 Pro
Xbox360
Wii
Wii U

The only one that failed was Playstation 2, the laser unit gave out after playing 100+ games, so still got my money's worth.
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:21 AM   #13
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just the Xbox One for me, the fan went bad and it overheated but it got repaired by the warranty.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #14
Y3E
Gen 13

I've had basically everything since Commadore 64 (yeah I know it was a computer but I bought it for playing) and only 2 systems crapped out.

1st PS3 (60 GB phat one) and original Xbox 360.

PS3 died after 6 years of heavy use and xbox died just under 3 years. Thankfully, it had the MS extended warranty.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Quote:
I've had basically everything since Commadore 64 (yeah I know it was a computer but I bought it for playing)
and only 2 systems crapped out.

1st PS3 (60 GB phat one) and original Xbox 360.

PS3 died after 6 years of heavy use and xbox died just under 3 years. Thankfully, it had the MS extended warranty.
Yes, even though Commodore 64 was a computer doesn't mean you couldn't use it for gaming. Shoot my computer is really used for gaming. Its how my husband rigged it.

The Amiga 500 on the other hand, was also a personal computer by commodore, which was designed especially for high-resolution, fast graphics along with multimedia applications at the time (Yes desktop with icons just like you see with your windows)...., and used especially for gaming. It was one of the first computers to offer true color. It had its own operating system. I was able to play games like "It came from the desert" "Out of this world" and many other classic games (a lot of swapping of disk), which I cannot remember right off hand. So where do you think Billy boy got his idea??

But yes, that commodore was used for gaming and you were able to buy games for it, did you not??
I loved my Amiga 500 at the time. The hard-drive was housed in its keyboard casing I believe.

Shoot I believe the Amiga was the benchmark for all gaming. It was first tested on that I believe.

Oh the memories...
Click image for larger version

Name:	il_570xN_1620819383_8nx6.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	118250 Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	118251
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #16
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I loved my Amiga 500 at the time. The hard-drive was housed in its keyboard casing I believe.
That's right.

What a great machine - it was way ahead of other computers at the time, but then they (Commodore) screwed up big time and they went bankrupt.

I still have mine, which is more than I can say about my Spectrum + (mostly a European thing) and my C-64.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #17
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
That's right.

What a great machine - it was way ahead of other computers at the time, but then they (Commodore) screwed up big time and they went bankrupt.

I still have mine, which is more than I can say about my Spectrum + (mostly a European thing) and my C-64.
LOL believe or not, I still have mine as well and with games used for it.. I loved that machine but the swapping of some many disk was to much hehehehe
Old 10-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #18
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
LOL believe or not, I still have mine as well and with games used for it.. I loved that machine but the swapping of some many disk was to much hehehehe
Clearly you didn't upgrade it to a (whopping) 1 MB RAM. ^_^
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #19
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Clearly you didn't upgrade it to a (whopping) 1 MB RAM. ^_^

Oh btw, those pictures are not my personal pictures. since my Amgia is boxed up, they were taken from the internet
Old 10-25-2018, 04:56 PM   #20
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Honestly I think out of all the systems I have owned throughout my life...the ONLY one that has died on me was an XBONE (or a 360) that was shared amongst a few buddies and myself...needless to say, some of my buddies are not very clean...

At one point, it was my turn to take it...got it...had coke rings on the console and gunk all over the controller...just told them to keep...I dont want it anymore.

Nothing I have myself ever died on me. I can still pull out and hook up old systems from storage and play them.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote