Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #1661
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
Season 3 of Better Call Saul. 9/10

Its been great. The story is finally moving.
Love this series. Just started S3 myself. To me it’s every bit as good as Breaking Bad.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:41 AM   #1662
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Fear the Walking Dead: S4 - 8.5/10

Morgan Jones moving over from TWD, the introduction of several new likable characters, the deaths of several annoying characters and a tighter focus on survival has invigorated what was just a mediocre series up until this point. With S4 Fear has even surpassed the last few seasons of TWD in terms of structure and storytelling. You get the feeling no character is sacred here either and could be killed off at any time, which significantly raises the stakes. A great jumping on point for new viewers and a welcome shift for those like myself that stuck it out.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #1663
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Happy - 8/10
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:25 AM   #1664
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Luke Cage - Season 1

The Harlem setting and excellent soundtrack make this my favorite of all the Marvel-Netflix series so far. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:33 AM   #1665
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Luke Cage - Season 1

The Harlem setting and excellent soundtrack make this my favorite of all the Marvel-Netflix series so far. 9/10
I agree with that assessment and rating.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #1666
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Fear the Walking Dead: S4 - 8.5/10

Morgan Jones moving over from TWD, the introduction of several new likable characters, the deaths of several annoying characters and a tighter focus on survival has invigorated what was just a mediocre series up until this point. With S4 Fear has even surpassed the last few seasons of TWD in terms of structure and storytelling. You get the feeling no character is sacred here either and could be killed off at any time, which significantly raises the stakes. A great jumping on point for new viewers and a welcome shift for those like myself that stuck it out.

Wow dude, good review. I only watched the first season but may go back to it now after your review.

Do you think I need to watch S2 and S3 first?
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #1667
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Wow dude, good review. I only watched the first season but may go back to it now after your review.

Do you think I need to watch S2 and S3 first?
Not at all necessary. S2 was just plain bad. On par with S1. While there are some improvements made in S3 it’s definitely not needed to jump right into S4 which really is a soft reboot of sorts.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #1668
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Luke Cage - Season 1

better than daredevil S2??? i thought cage was pretty decent but went a little off the rails in the end with the new villain, cottonmouth was awesome though
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:03 PM   #1669
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
better than daredevil S2??? i thought cage was pretty decent but went a little off the rails in the end with the new villain, cottonmouth was awesome though
Can’t speak for ParisDean but I found Cage S1 and DD S2 to be pretty much on par with one another. Easily the best of the Netflix Marvel series. I can’t argue with your point on the 2nd villain in Cage. DD had a few pacing issues so in the end they balance out for me with a slight edge going to Cage simply due to the fresh look and feel. The soundtrack alone was next level.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:07 PM   #1670
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I liked Daredevil season one more than season two. But my rating differences between all of the early Marvel-Netflix seasons are minuscule. Rounded off to nearest whole numbers, Daredevil seasons 1 & 2, Jessica Jones season 1 and Luke Cage season 1 are all 9/10.

Next on my watch list is Iron Fist season 1. I most likely won't rate it a 9/10.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote