Old 10-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #521
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I just left my local shop ....

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #522
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

@Subby - The pics look great man, what were your thoughts seeing it in person?
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #523
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It's a pass for me.

It was more of a terra cotta colour with bits of orange very subtle though. His head was cool as well as black symbiote globs but I felt it only looked good from couple angles. He's very stretched which made it long from back position leg to front swinging arm.

I think if they had given him a more crouched sinister pose with little more comic book red it's a winner. Overall it's not terrible. I did notice few paint QC issues some black paint not quite glossed over. Noticible seam on neck. Base was ok. It's rubble so it matched the other pieces in this series. Cost to get one for me 730.00 Canadian non exclusive edition. Not a bad price point but with so many cool pieces coming I have to be picky. I'm going to let this go. Edition size of 2000 I'm not worried about getting one later.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #524
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Well I just left my local shop ....

Well hello there Prime 1 Deathstroke in the background pieces on the table. I recommend taking extra looks at that one.

Not impressed with the Carnage though....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #525
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It's a pass for me.

It was more of a terra cotta colour with bits of orange very subtle though. His head was cool as well as black symbiote globs but I felt it only looked good from couple angles. He's very stretched which made it long from back position leg to front swinging arm.

I think if they had given him a more crouched sinister pose with little more comic book red it's a winner. Overall it's not terrible. I did notice few paint QC issues some black paint not quite glossed over. Noticible seam on neck. Base was ok. It's rubble so it matched the other pieces in this series. Cost to get one for me 730.00 Canadian non exclusive edition. Not a bad price point but with so many cool pieces coming I have to be picky. I'm going to let this go. Edition size of 2000 I'm not worried about getting one later.

Thanks for the honest review.. Hearing everyone's thoughts on this has been depressing lol.. I was so hyped for this piece. It was love at first sight during last years con but my excitement is quickly turning into concern =\

I saw the orange tones in the Out the Box video from SS and was praying that it was just some lighting effects but I guess not.. Hoping mine comes without any flaws (Rusty pegs, sloppy paint). I think I'll be able to look past the orange highlights if everything else is as it should be.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #526
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Going by this photo, he looks pretty impressive to me.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #527
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Another one from facebook.

"I have #83 if I remember correctly. It came in yesterday. I was excited to finally have him in hand. Some flaws, but overall I think he's a great piece and captures Carnage."

When asked what the flaws were, he said the peg is rusty, foot doesn't sit flush, and the arms are loose. So same problems as the others.

It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #528
Sanitarium84
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Glad I didn't order this. Not a fan of the pose, QC problems again? Btw I passed on the XM version as well, just not feeling it too. Thought the 1st SSC comiquette was really well done tho
Sanitarium84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #529
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Here's a major flaw I noticed :

I can't buy a statue that doesn't display well from many angles. This one only looked good slightly angled from front. Side views were boring . That's my opinion I hope someone else watching this and XM thread learns from mistakes and makes a cool and more dynamic pose than just lunges. These are Spider eating symbiotes they can do more than lunge and roar.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #530
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium84 View Post
Glad I didn't order this. Not a fan of the pose, QC problems again? Btw I passed on the XM version as well, just not feeling it too. Thought the 1st SSC comiquette was really well done tho

+1. I'm relieved I stuck with the comiquette.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote