Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #1
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just Cancelled All Marvel Subs New Policy

Hey all,

Just an FYI on Marvel Policy. I've been subscribed for nearly two decades, sometimes as many as 15-20 subscriptions at a time (most recently 9).

Based on everything going on in my own life, I usually stack all comics, whether mailed or purchased at the LCS, for a couple months and then sort and log and move to the reading pile.

Occasionally, a issue will not arrive or be damaged. I've always been able to simply email and get a new one. If they were out of print, then Marvel would simply add one more issue to the back end of the subscription.

This recently happened with ASM 800. My claim was put in about a week ago and the response was the following, "This issue released and shipped on 5/30/18. We do not service claims more than 6 weeks from the release date. Thank you."

How nice of them to thank me after telling me to get lost.

In short, I paid for 12 issues and because of an unannounced policy, I will actually only get 11 issues. I know it's nothing crazy, but they're basically stealing $2 from me because I didn't find out fast enough that they never delivered an issue that I already paid for.

I'm sure most of you won't think this is a big deal, but just a heads up for you subscribers (because no one, MOST ESPECIALLY MARVEL ever told me) better let them know within six weeks if you have an problem, because otherwise . . . they'll keep your money.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
whd
Suicide Squad

Definitely sounds like poor customer service. I could understand them not replacing damaged items after a month had passed, but I would think they would want to ensure that their customers were at least getting their books.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote