Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #81
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Any increase of any kind matters to me,especially in todays collecting world.Everybody is entitled to there own opinion,but we all collect differently.When I saw the initial 150 I started to think about the original scorpion ex bust,and how it only sold around 100,so at 150 I was on the fence about this and had to do some thinking about it,but at 200 I am sorry but I have to pass.It may not bother you,and i always respect your opinion,but comparing U.S collectors to international collectors is two completely different universes
I understand ES being a factor (even a big one) as to if you buy something or not.

I just dont understand how it being increased before you plunk your money down matters, other than you deciding you dont want the item anymore.

Anyway not looking to argue I just dont get it. If the ES on something isnt to my liking I just dont buy it. No biggie.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #82
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
If Edition Size is the deciding factor in you purchasing something, then i would suggest it's something you don't really want.

I understand some people want to be part of that little club, or feel that what they have is truly limited.

For me it's all about sculpt and paints and how much i love the character or franchise.

ES is really the last thing i personally think about when it comes to buying statues/busts.
Es might be the last thing you think about,but its the first thing I think about.For me it has nothing to do with being part of any little club,it is strictly a financial decision in order to protect my investments in the oversaturated hobby these days.I have lost thousands in this hobby,but I still come back to it everyday because I love it,however after the losses pile up,you cant help but think differently with your money,and that is my reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch07137 View Post
Think it's ultimately to flip....lets be real here
I have never flipped a single MK piece ever,dont assume anything,you have no idea of how I collect and what I collect.I buy products from the MK license knowing full well that in the end I will be lucky to break even,or may even take a loss.This is aint SF Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm not attacking him at all.....just posting my point of view, isn't that why were here?
Its cool DGK,i don't feel any attacking whatsoever,i always appreciate other forum members posts,even when others and i don't see eye to eye because it can lead to a good healthy debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy View Post
It's all good bro, Jerry had that.
1v1 is fair... 10v1 is not
No worries mate,i been here a long time,and have heard it all,nothing anybody on here bothers me,nor do I take it to heart,but I appreciate the sentiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I have to agree with Ricky on this. The bust does look incredible, as will Scorpion. I was on the fence at the 150 ES. I noticed the jump on ES and that made my decision to walk away also.

Having a substantial amount of fully paid preorders with PCS I too have stopped paying in full and scaled back on even placing deposits due to the delays.

This post is not to flame PCS but provide feedback. Which for PCS or any company is valuable.

I assume Ricky is doing the same.
BINGO this is exactly how I feel,i am a big fan of PCS and my intentions are never to flame PCS,but I am also not gonna be a "Yes" man when it comes to any company,so I do like to have serious discussions about matters that bother me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I understand ES being a factor (even a big one) as to if you buy something or not.

I just dont understand how it being increased before you plunk your money down matters, other than you deciding you dont want the item anymore.

Anyway not looking to argue I just dont get it. If the ES on something isnt to my liking I just dont buy it. No biggie.
I know you are not looking to argue with me Jerry,nor am I.All I do is post why I order something,or why I don't with my reasons.I can understand why my reasoning may not work for you,and others,but like I said edition sizes are huge factoring in my decisions,and when I saw an increase of 33 percent more busts (whether it was a mistake or not) those numbers stand out to me,and I cannot support that,no matter how much I love the product (again financial reasoning) I will leave it at that,and I sincerely hope sales for the bust are good.Out of all the companies out there,PCS is one of the few I genuinely wish well for
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #83
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Jerry, I know it's probably way too late (and people will have a heart attack), but would it be possible to get the base to light up as well?
They already experimented with it. From the other bust thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
We tried it with light up feature and it looked cheesy to me, plus was going to add a lot of cost because its such a large area to light. So we dismissed that option.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #84
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
They already experimented with it. From the other bust thread.
Ah, I missed that. Thanks for the info, Strife.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #85
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Ah, I missed that. Thanks for the info, Strife.
Not a problem
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #86
Sosudective
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Es might be the last thing you think about,but its the first thing I think about.For me it has nothing to do with being part of any little club,it is strictly a financial decision in order to protect my investments in the oversaturated hobby these days.I have lost thousands in this hobby,but I still come back to it everyday because I love it,however after the losses pile up,you cant help but think differently with your money,and that is my reasoning

I have never flipped a single MK piece ever,dont assume anything,you have no idea of how I collect and what I collect.I buy products from the MK license knowing full well that in the end I will be lucky to break even,or may even take a loss.This is aint SF Mitch

Its cool DGK,i don't feel any attacking whatsoever,i always appreciate other forum members posts,even when others and i don't see eye to eye because it can lead to a good healthy debate

No worries mate,i been here a long time,and have heard it all,nothing anybody on here bothers me,nor do I take it to heart,but I appreciate the sentiment

BINGO this is exactly how I feel,i am a big fan of PCS and my intentions are never to flame PCS,but I am also not gonna be a "Yes" man when it comes to any company,so I do like to have serious discussions about matters that bother me

I know you are not looking to argue with me Jerry,nor am I.All I do is post why I order something,or why I don't with my reasons.I can understand why my reasoning may not work for you,and others,but like I said edition sizes are huge factoring in my decisions,and when I saw an increase of 33 percent more busts (whether it was a mistake or not) those numbers stand out to me,and I cannot support that,no matter how much I love the product (again financial reasoning) I will leave it at that,and I sincerely hope sales for the bust are good.Out of all the companies out there,PCS is one of the few I genuinely wish well for

I really love your answers Bro, that's what i feel too.
Sosudective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #87
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosudective View Post
I really love your answers Bro, that's what i feel too.
Glad you dig them,i was just being honest and direct as possible with everybody here.Cheers
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #88
tulk
The Spirit

anyone got their AP notice yet?
tulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #89
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulk View Post
anyone got their AP notice yet?
Usually doesn't happen until the following week.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:30 PM   #90
tulk
The Spirit

Quote:
Usually doesn't happen until the following week.
got it. thanks for the info
tulk is offline   Reply With Quote