Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #71
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
If Edition Size is the deciding factor in you purchasing something, then i would suggest it's something you don't really want.

I understand some people want to be part of that little club, or feel that what they have is truly limited.

For me it's all about sculpt and paints and how much i love the character or franchise.

ES is really the last thing i personally think about when it comes to buying statues/busts.
It's all good bro, Jerry had that.
1v1 is fair... 10v1 is not
Hevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #72
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy View Post
It's all good bro, Jerry had that.
1v1 is fair... 10v1 is not
I'm not attacking him at all.....just posting my point of view, isn't that why were here?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #73
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I'm not attacking him at all.....just posting my point of view, isn't that why were here?
Yip and you know alot of us have a different point of view with ES being one of the first things we look at myself included. We have crossed this bridge before and we relaize you dont care as you have no mind to re-sell your statues with the beautiful sculpt and paint.

I on the other hand am a fickle old bird and I may very well change my collecting habits at the drop of a hat and sell the lot should the notion take me. If and when I decide to do so a low ES will mean a swifter turnaround and better return on my investment.

I see these statues as a glorified savings accounts I can look at and enjoy. There are times when I may choose to withdraw or invest in other banks!

Different strokes for different folks!
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #74
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Yeah man i know you're not.

It's just that i see a fair bit of people getting pressed when they show any sort of dis-satisfaction.

Even though i think his argument about the ES is petty, he still has a right to vent without getting ridiculed by everyone else. Just my 2c.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:02 AM   #75
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

People collect for different reasons. Some more for the art and others for the value and ES. Let's not turn another thread into an argument as I can see that happening.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #76
Hevy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Old 09-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #77
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
I decided to pass,it looks terrific but i cannot justify PCS busts at 1k plus without some sort of past history of knowing what type of quality you will receive on a production level for this price point.I also will no longer pay in full for anything PCS related because of there history of constant delays.Furthermore the increase of the es from the original 150 to 200 a couple days later was a huge turnoff,anytime I see another es increase from PCS,i just walk away from the product itself.Its become all too normal to have the es increased with PCS,and enough is enough because its super played out
I have to agree with Ricky on this. The bust does look incredible, as will Scorpion. I was on the fence at the 150 ES. I noticed the jump on ES and that made my decision to walk away also.

Having a substantial amount of fully paid preorders with PCS I too have stopped paying in full and scaled back on even placing deposits due to the delays.

This post is not to flame PCS but provide feedback. Which for PCS or any company is valuable.

I assume Ricky is doing the same.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #78
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I have to agree with Ricky on this. The bust does look incredible, as will Scorpion. I was on the fence at the 150 ES. I noticed the jump on ES and that made my decision to walk away also.

Having a substantial amount of fully paid preorders with PCS I too have stopped paying in full and scaled back on even placing deposits due to the delays.

This post is not to flame PCS but provide feedback. Which for PCS or any company is valuable.

Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #79
qz33
Doctor Doom

I wonder how many have sold so far now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post

The bust still may not sell 200. Personally these are my favorite statues and I love this so yeah I was getting it.

I can understand the desire to own some things that are "truly" limited though and some at first thought this bust might be it and were disappointed later. Variants just don't scratch the itch for the more experienced collectors.
Just shows how important first impressions are.

As far as the delays obviously it wasn't a factor for me here but it was on Zangief and Conan and will be on the more common stuff in the future. Items with a combined ES of ~600 are going to be around.

Like Blacksunn I have a ton of stuff on PO that is near the 2 year mark. To be clear I don't blame PCS. I get the difficulties of dealing with the realities of production but I do need some constant confirmation that the chinese factories are still producing products that I find worthy of this kind of money.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #80
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Jerry, I know it's probably way too late (and people will have a heart attack), but would it be possible to get the base to light up as well?
It looked like it did in the video.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote