Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 10-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #131
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Personally, I'm okay with the more simplistic subtle approach(for paint). I'm definitely not okay with the gap and the crevice of the nose not shaded in.
I know this isn t the final product and I'm going to assume this will be fixed. But this already worries me. They can get the more complex parts but the simple parts they manage to F up royally.

They did a good job on the P2 bust, which imo predator heads are way more difficult and complex. Even with that, some stupid mistakes. The unibrow and shade of the inner mouth. Which raises the question, why do these companies not hire a person who's job is to strictly look over the painting process. So many mistakes could be avoided. Each stage of paint should be looked over and reviewed before moving on to the next.

There's a gap, shade it in. That looks like a child squiggled a line, redo. That's the wrong color, repaint. That looks like a patch of polka dots, repaint and blend it in properly. It baffles me why companies do not do this. This is their brand and they should want their product to come out well to make sales and future sales. Investing into quality matters imo.

I remember SS said they invest in painters going there and showing them how to. That's great, but these factory workers aren't paint masters. And like non masters at their job, they need to be looked over and assessed. Obviously the factory workers will not get it right, so have a person there through the process. Only shown once and expected to get it like the paint master? Well, that's a ridiculous expectation and impossible. The outcome is predictable.

So let's hope CP looks over the Giger projects very closely and make sure things come out nicely. Better yet, put the pride aside and give some of the cut to Prime 1. ----e, if you have to mark it up a couple hundred more for their cut then do it and use their factory to get these 2 Giger pieces out beautifully. Theres no shame in that

Last edited by Masa_yodamorph; 10-01-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Correcting
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:38 AM   #132
Python
Omega Red

I received this reply regarding the gap in the dome tint...

"Thank you for the suggestion. we really appreciate it! this is our first factry sample so this is not with the final look of the production piece. we will show you the final production sample when we put this item on pre-order."

So hopefully that will be corrected, and the final paint may even be better..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:46 PM   #133
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Interesting. Well, that's different, in that, a final production sample at pre order. I suppose that's good for us people who are planning on buying this. We will already know what it will look like. Make the changes to the gap and add in some shading in the nose CP, at the very least. If not, Im sure sales will prove to you of this mistake.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #134
Python
Omega Red

The more time goes on, the more worried I am about this and even less convinced that CP can actually deliver on the production pieces. Why they didn't just get Prime 1 to make them is beyond me! I do hope I am wrong however, done right, this thing will be a grail item if ever there was one...
Old 10-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #135
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The more time goes on, the more worried I am about this and even less convinced that CP can actually deliver on the production pieces. Why they didn't just get Prime 1 to make them is beyond me! I do hope I am wrong however, done right, this thing will be a grail item if ever there was one...
While I'm bummed, I am also happy for my wallet. I can wait for the perfect Aliens. We will get them and it will be worthwhile. Not to offend any lovers of this but it feels so bland and boring.
Sharper Image used to have these Life Size Aliens, and while they were neat. They looked bad.
Ryanbusts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #136
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
While I'm bummed, I am also happy for my wallet. I can wait for the perfect Aliens. We will get them and it will be worthwhile. Not to offend any lovers of this but it feels so bland and boring.
Sharper Image used to have these Life Size Aliens, and while they were neat. They looked bad.

Oh I don't think it's bland or boring by any means, It's beautiful and I genuinely doubt we'll ever see a more accurate sculpt in statue form. Unless of course Prime 1 are doing their own version based on this, they may refine a few bits as they have with the Dog. The Big chap always was rigid, he is a guy in a suit after all and this is a great replica of that creature. I want this thing, I just don't have much confidence in Coolprops production pieces sadly, and for the money that I expect this to command, that is a big worry.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #137
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Are you sure you like Alien lol? I'm going to pretend you didn't incredibly insult H.R. Giger. WOW
Old 10-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #138
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Are you sure you like Alien lol? I'm going to pretend you didn't incredibly insult H.R. Giger. WOW
Lol. Yeah I love alien. I'm talking more the pose and in the pics some of the coloring on the body looks kind of thick- could be the pics. But definitely the pose it reminds of Halloween costumes hanging up at a Target.

H.R. Giger was an incredible artist on many levels.
Check out that Dune documentary and Dark Matter I believe it's called.
Ryanbusts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #139
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
CP is STRESSFUL.
Mr. Sano, ease us collectors minds and do a 1/3. Game over then.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #140
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Lol. Yeah I love alien. I'm talking more the pose and in the pics some of the coloring on the body looks kind of thick- could be the pics. But definitely the pose it reminds of Halloween costumes hanging up at a Target.

H.R. Giger was an incredible artist on many levels.
Check out that Dune documentary and Dark Matter I believe it's called.
Well, thanks for clarifying lol. What kind of pose did you have in mind?